Summer 7 on 7's

Overland

From the Shelbyville Facebook page:

SCHS football hosted 22 teams today for a 7v7 competition which brought over 600 visitors to our campus. We look forward to having an even bigger crowd and competition tomorrow. Big thanks to all the parents, volunteers, and supporters for your help, we couldn't do it without you. In today's finals, Lake County finishes in 1st place by defeating Mt. Pleasant. 

Congrats to LC for taking care of business after making the long trip east. The surprise team has to be Mt. Pleasant and their new coach. Other teams competing were Marion Co, Community, Fairview, Forrest, Dekalb, Waverly?  Any reports.

21 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I had heard Jasper (Marion Co) won rd 1, but lost rd 2.  I have no clue who they played though.  Congrats LC

Morning session was pool play so they could have won their 4 team grouping. Afternoon was a single elimination tournament and that's the only part that counts as winning anything.

I was told MC looked fast. Who put them out?   

14 minutes ago, Overland said:

Morning session was pool play so they could have won their 4 team grouping. Afternoon was a single elimination tournament and that's the only part that counts as winning anything.

I was told MC looked fast. Who put them out?   

Fairview 14-6 . Heard Marion dropped about 4-5 touchdown passes 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Fairview 14-6 . Heard Marion dropped about 4-5 touchdown passes 

I saw the morning session and watched both teams. That would be considered an upset. I had Marion pegged as one of the better teams. Mt Pleasant's play has me reconsidering my Region 5 predictions. 

3 minutes ago, Overland said:

I saw the morning session and watched both teams. That would be considered an upset. I had Marion pegged as one of the better teams. Mt Pleasant's play has me reconsidering my Region 5 predictions. 

Marion not a passing team. Line it up and run straight at you. They are trying to pass the ball a little more to keep the defense honest. That’s why they’re going to some 7 on 7 camp 

If anyone is able to get some footage of some good plays from 7 v 7 post em here. Ill post one and if other post ill do some more from the Meigs game that I went too. @PeabodyPride posted a pretty good play in their thread and it would be nice to see those all in one thread if possible. Anyhow would be nice to get people to post a few if they can and are able.

Pretty good interception considering defense had hands on the helmet.

• Like 1

List of teams that signed up for Shelbyville's event. 

Tuesday at Shelbyville (TBA) – Cannon Co., Cascade, Columbia Acad., Community, Cornersville, DeKalb Co. (JV), East Robertson, Fairview, Forrest, Gordonsville, Hickman Co., Lake Co., Marion Co., Mt. Pleasant, Richland, Sale Creek, Stratford, Trousdale Co., Waverly, White Co. (JV), Whites Creek

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

If anyone is able to get some footage of some good plays from 7 v 7 post em here. Ill post one and if other post ill do some more from the Meigs game that I went too. @PeabodyPride posted a pretty good play in their thread and it would be nice to see those all in one thread if possible. Anyhow would be nice to get people to post a few if they can and are able.

Pretty good interception considering defense had hands on the helmet.

Nice play under duress!