Summer 7 on 7's

Overland

Just now, PurplePower68 said:

I was told they dropped 4 or 5 too but it was over the course of the day. Not just the one game. Passing is not a strong suit of ours for sure. That's why they've been doing 7 on 7's. MC will play power football this season (with a little bit of passing) and will be hard to stop. Very hard.

MC looked like they would be a single wing hybrid team and the kids that they had at TE and FB were enormous.  I saw them play Fairview in the tournament and saw them play Waverly in pool play.  They'll win another 11+ games this year and be in the mix at the end of the day.

19 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

MC looked like they would be a single wing hybrid team and the kids that they had at TE and FB were enormous.  I saw them play Fairview in the tournament and saw them play Waverly in pool play.  They'll win another 11+ games this year and be in the mix at the end of the day.

We are hoping to win 11+. They look good in practices but have to prove it in games. A lot of expectations for them but at the end of the day you're still dealing with 16 & 17 yr old kids. We are on the right track. Just have to put all the pieces in the right spots. 

8 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I was told they dropped 4 or 5 too but it was over the course of the day. Not just the one game. Passing is not a strong suit of ours for sure. That's why they've been doing 7 on 7's. MC will play power football this season (with a little bit of passing) and will be hard to stop. Very hard.

Your team and mine will play similar ball this year. We normally just run the ball, but are capable throwing when needed. 

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Your team and mine will play similar ball this year. We normally just run the ball, but are capable throwing when needed. 

Your qb looks good throwing the ball and your wr's look good as well. Meigs will be tough again this year. Some days I think we are ready for that step up and then some days I'm not so sure. Our kids have a whole season to figure it out though. We need kids to fill in spots and have an attitude. We've already been bit by the injury bug and he was a devastating loss to our team. I guess next man up. 

3 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Your qb looks good throwing the ball and your wr's look good as well. Meigs will be tough again this year. Some days I think we are ready for that step up and then some days I'm not so sure. Our kids have a whole season to figure it out though. We need kids to fill in spots and have an attitude. We've already been bit by the injury bug and he was a devastating loss to our team. I guess next man up

I hear you on that. For the most part we were as healthy as we could hope for in 2020. 17, 18, and some of 19 we had more than our share it seemed like. Our rb breaking both legs will be a major loss. He will be a Sophomore but I could tell he would have been an impact player early on. One can only hope and pray for his sake he heals well and quickly.

As far as our qb goes im very fond of him and his dad, he's very talented and this being his senior season should have a fantastic season. Im hoping by seasons end he will be in the running for Mr. Football. To me he is that kind of player. Appreciate the nod sir.

Edited by Yeti

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheBest2018 said:

And. . .  don't just tease us lol

Meigs and Kingston probably about a tie as far as skill level and talent in passing. Midway was impressive. At a guess they are a pass first team in their normal offense. Rockwood had some good athletes, but probably came in last from what I saw. Rockwood just seemed to need more reps to be affective at passing. 

Edited by Yeti