2021 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

It seems likely that 5-6 of the 8 teams in the 2020 “AAA” State tournament will make it to State in 2021.  Graduation will hit some harder than others but I would think programs like Brentwood, Cleveland, Gtown Houston, Maryville and Siegel have solid chances and could be joined by move-up “AA” power Nolensville and possibly Collierville, Cookeville or Farragut.  The NE part of the State could produce 1 school possibly.

watched Brentwood recently and I agree with TT that they are very solid w/o superstars.  Will be young in the middle and steady in key positions (S, OH, Lib, RS/Opp).  The school made a solid decision promoting Coach Cram to carry on the Brentwood tradition  so barring injury they will be in the hunt to extend their Championship streak.

Hoping for a safe injury and Virus-free season for all athletes!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Apostle said:

It seems likely that 5-6 of the 8 teams in the 2020 “AAA” State tournament will make it to State in 2021.  Graduation will hit some harder than others but I would think programs like Brentwood, Cleveland, Gtown Houston, Maryville and Siegel have solid chances and could be joined by move-up “AA” power Nolensville and possibly Collierville, Cookeville or Farragut.  The NE part of the State could produce 1 school possibly.

I agree with everything you said except Siegel.  I saw them a couple weeks ago and they LOOK small and did not play will.  They were missing there best player but when she's there, siegel will struggle just to get her the ball to attack.  They'll be fine in district play, they will struggle after the district tournament.   

29 minutes ago, Apostle said:

watched Brentwood recently and I agree with TT that they are very solid w/o superstars.  Will be young in the middle and steady in key positions (S, OH, Lib, RS/Opp).  The school made a solid decision promoting Coach Cram to carry on the Brentwood tradition  so barring injury they will be in the hunt to extend their Championship streak.

I could not agree with you more about the promotion of Coach Cram.  She would go to war with those girls AND lead the charge.

Middles are both six foot Sophs.  They wont contribute a lot of points (enough to keep teams honest), but they will be huge in blocking/defense.

18 hours ago, Itsme12 said:

All due respect to whoever put this list together but it's junk.  It has maybe 7-8 of the top players in the mid-state.  I understand wanting clicks but when you have a soph from Central on this list over 40 better players in Williamson County, it feels desperately like they writer is trying to give a trophy to all teams over more deserving players.

1 hour ago, TeeterTot2 said:

All due respect to whoever put this list together but it's junk.  It has maybe 7-8 of the top players in the mid-state.  I understand wanting clicks but when you have a soph from Central on this list over 40 better players in Williamson County, it feels desperately like they writer is trying to give a trophy to all teams over more deserving players.

My intention of "good" is to illuminate high school volleyball.  I agree there are many other girls that should be on the list over some that are on the list presented.  I did not write the article but emailed the writer to ask about his list and was told that he reached out to coaches and only around 30% responded. So take it for what it's worth.

18 minutes ago, Itsme12 said:

My intention of "good" is to illuminate high school volleyball.  I agree there are many other girls that should be on the list over some that are on the list presented.  I did not write the article but emailed the writer to ask about his list and was told that he reached out to coaches and only around 30% responded. So take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the post and I respect the good intention. My comment was more a rant about the "author".  I get that he needs to get a article up but at least write an article that's accurate.  I wonder how many of those coaches were called instead of emailed?