2021 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

14 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Knox is a BOSS! And only a freshman. D-1 potential there in my opinion. Only downside is her height for that level. But man, she can hit!!!

Brentwood made more mistakes than I have seen a Brentwood team make in a LONG time. Especially in serve receive. I think Nolensville could go all the way from here. Doesn't mean they won't be tested. Tonight vs. Ravenwood being the first!

Nolensville just doesn't seem to have a weak link they are above average to high skill at every position .  Knox is the girl that very few teams will have an answer for, you have to see her vertical and power in person to really appreciate how good she really is.  When the light comes on fully it won't be fun for any other team.

I wish I could be at the Ravenwood/Nolensville game tonight but we have a prior commitment.  

On 10/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, bratman said:

Nolansville is the team to beat.  I think they would have been in the AAA finals last year, and could have won.  I don’t see anyone beating them, but with Brentwood out I think teams will be more excited than normal!

They for sure are the team to beat at this time.  Nolensville would have had a chance at beating Brentwood last year but I'm thinking it would have been a slim one. 

I'm not into predicting winners in a sport that has high school kids playing.  All it takes is the wrong girl having a down game or two or the other team to have an on game, at the wrong to lose and look horrible doing it.

1 hour ago, Itsme12 said:

They for sure are the team to beat at this time.  Nolensville would have had a chance at beating Brentwood last year but I'm thinking it would have been a slim one. 

I'm not into predicting winners in a sport that has high school kids playing.  All it takes is the wrong girl having a down game or two or the other team to have an on game, at the wrong to lose and look horrible doing it.

Double elimination at state helps team that has off game but makes it harder 

23 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Double elimination at state helps team that has off game but makes it harder 

It doesn't matter once you are in the state championship game.  A team with one loss plays a team with zero losses and it's only one game.  The undefeated team can have a bad game in that one and lose out on the championship.

25 minutes ago, Itsme12 said:

It doesn't matter once you are in the state championship game.  A team with one loss plays a team with zero losses and it's only one game.  The undefeated team can have a bad game in that one and lose out on the championship.

Yea lot of what ifs but better team can always lose in one game scenario that’s what makes hs sports so fascinating and underdog has always got a punchers chance for one game 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, bratman said:

Nolansville is the team to beat.  I think they would have been in the AAA finals last year, and could have won.  I don’t see anyone beating them, but with Brentwood out I think teams will be more excited than normal!

Maybe they are the team to beat from mid TN… some really strong teams in the East this year. I’ll say it again - Maryville & Cleveland. 

10 hours ago, maiseyvol said:

Maybe they are the team to beat from mid TN… some really strong teams in the East this year. I’ll say it again - Maryville & Cleveland. 

Cleveland has already lost to Nolensville twice this season and split with Brentwood, who while good was not as strong as they have been in the past. Maryville has a better chance of the two it seems.