2021 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

I am all in for Nolansville, and I agree about the East with the exception of Anderson County.  I have watched them for years, they play in a lot of tournaments I ref in or watch my nieces and they are always a tough out.  The other East teams have a good year or two, but Maryville or HV could not have made it out of Districts here.

6 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

2015 (GOODPASTURE when they were Single A) was the last time that a team lost on day one, played 3 games on day two to advance to the finals, then won it all. Will Nolensville have the legs to do it today? South Greene did it today in A!

No So Greene won their first match against Halls 

1 minute ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown defeated Hume Fogg maybe they should have been in 2A - just who gets hot at right time 

Yes and its crazy the whole double elimination thing...EXCEPT in the finals. WIth both teams with one loss in tourney shouldn't they play again? I *think* they do in softball? 

14 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Yes and its crazy the whole double elimination thing...EXCEPT in the finals. WIth both teams with one loss in tourney shouldn't they play again? I *think* they do in softball? 

Had that discussion w Jim Thompson ( coach T ) his thoughts were everyone knows the rules - but I agree either single elimination ( or one and done ) or true double elimination 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Had that discussion w Jim Thompson ( coach T ) his thoughts were everyone knows the rules - but I agree either single elimination ( or one and done ) or true double elimination 

I had that discussion with some people as well. Even though Hume-Fogg won, I would agree that teams like Hume-Fogg and South Greene should have to win twice in these situations. Also, I thought it was interesting that Summertown would have been the favorite in AA too. I do know that sometime during the Nolensville invitational (or right after) Hume-Fogg setter got injured and was out the entire district and region tournament. Didn't come back until the sectional against White House Heritage.

1 hour ago, knightsfan said:

I had that discussion with some people as well. Even though Hume-Fogg won, I would agree that teams like Hume-Fogg and South Greene should have to win twice in these situations. Also, I thought it was interesting that Summertown would have been the favorite in AA too. I do know that sometime during the Nolensville invitational (or right after) Hume-Fogg setter got injured and was out the entire district and region tournament. Didn't come back until the sectional against White House Heritage.

One bad game can drop you into losers bracket but a bad game in finals and it’s over / again not fair but for now guess that’s the way the cookie crumbles 

Guess what? Contrary to all the expert opinions of the last couple of months, A team from East Tennessee, won in Single A. Fair and square, according the the rules that each team agreed to by virtue of their participation.

Instead of giving even a little bit of credit to an amazing comeback by South Greene, SG fans are lectured about "fairness."

Sounds like loser talk.