2021 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

We are in the TSSAA Dead Period, but practice & scrimmages/play days will be here before we know it! Use this thread to discuss AA Volleyball in 2021. Who are your favorites headed into the season? Who gets the nod now that Nolensville has finally moved up to AAA?

Edited by Rockstar89

• 1 month later...

I just texted my ref friend from Knoxville.  Anderson County beat a strong Knoxville Catholic team 3-0 in a scrimmage this week and I think Catholic will be State Champion in private school this season, and he said he is refing a play day today in Knoxville and Anderson County beat Farragut, Hardin Valley and Grace pretty easily.  I remember last year they were in the State Finals and took a game against Nolansville in the finals and had them on the ropes in the 4th set, so I would expect them to be the team to beat.  They were in AAA for 8 years, if you subtract that they have been in 6 of the last 14 AA State finals and in 14 of the last 14 final fours so I would expect them to be the heavy favorites.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 6:52 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Now that the state pairings are up, who ya got? I will take Anderson County over Dyer County in the finals. Signal Mountain and Lexington round out the final four. 

For some reason Hume has not lived up to their ability if can find their groove could cause fly in the ointment 

I agree, Fogg is up and down.  Also, I checked and AC had a setter, OH and RS out when they played Fogg and it was close even then.  I am backing off my Signal Mountain final Four after looking at the bracket.  I think getting hot at the right time is important and I think it is hard to win your first year in the tournament.  I don’t really know anything about Lawrence, Dyer or Sullivan East, Rockstar any insight, you seem to be our most knowledgeable and unbiased poster.  I follow the Middle Tennessee teams, and ref some (club and middle school) but unless they come to the State often or play in middle TN I have to rely on Coach and ref friends.

8 hours ago, bratman said:

I agree, Fogg is up and down.  Also, I checked and AC had a setter, OH and RS out when they played Fogg and it was close even then.  I am backing off my Signal Mountain final Four after looking at the bracket.  I think getting hot at the right time is important and I think it is hard to win your first year in the tournament.  I don’t really know anything about Lawrence, Dyer or Sullivan East, Rockstar any insight, you seem to be our most knowledgeable and unbiased poster.  I follow the Middle Tennessee teams, and ref some (club and middle school) but unless they come to the State often or play in middle TN I have to rely on Coach and ref friends.

Lawrence County has good wins against Hume Fogg and Cleveland but lost to Summertown and Loretto. Dyer County beat Lexington a couple of times and a pretty good Hazel Green, AL team. I don’t know much about Sullivan East. I hear Signal Mountain is better than their record.  I think I picked them above but meant Sullivan East. But who knows?! Excited to start watching games Tuesday. 

Edited by Rockstar89