2021 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

Summertown punches the first ticket to the finals with a 3-2 win over Loretto. 5th set was 16-14. Loretto was very impressive. Of course if you remember last year Summertown won in 5 in the final four and then won again in finals 3-0. We’ll see what happens this year because I believe it will be these two in the finals again tomorrow!

6 hours ago, clifford20 said:

Can someone explain to me South Greene's success?  It's amazing how consistent that program is.   THey win there every year it seems. 

Go to any South Greene games, from football to golf, and you will find alumni, their children, and grandchildren participating in sports. Former players are always there at the school's events. It  is a Family Affair. A tradition in large part on account of winning. 

I am very proud of this year's South Greene's girls.

Edited by Americal198
Clarity

5 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Summertown punches the first ticket to the finals with a 3-2 win over Loretto. 5th set was 16-14. Loretto was very impressive. Of course if you remember last year Summertown won in 5 in the final four and then won again in finals 3-0. We’ll see what happens this year because I believe it will be these two in the finals again tomorrow!

Wrong 

On 10/20/2021 at 12:59 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Loretto wins and Summertown leaving no doubt vs. North Greene so it looks like it will be Summertown vs. Loretto once again to see who will be the first to punch ticket to finals. Wouldn't doubt if we see that matchup again on Friday. I don't see anyone in losers bracket who will even really contest Loretto to get back to finals. 

Hmmmm? I think we sure did give them a contest. ;) Hats off to Loretto! 

50 minutes ago, SGRebelsRock said:

Hmmmm? I think we sure did give them a contest. ;) Hats off to Loretto! 

Hey it was a fair statement at the time since hours before Loretto had handily beaten SG 3-0 :grin: But there’s a reason you play the games…congrats on the reverse sweep against Eagleville and a win in the rematch vs Loretto. Summertown vs South Greene for all the marbles tomorrow!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

Hey it was a fair statement at the time since hours before Loretto had handily beaten SG 3-0 :grin: But there’s a reason you play the games…congrats on the reverse sweep against Eagleville and a win in the rematch vs Loretto. Summertown vs South Greene for all the marbles tomorrow!!!

Thank you!!! It has been a VERY long day of volleyball so I hope the legs stay fresh tomorrow, it will be needed against Summertown! Anyone know if the Weathers girl is ok? We heard she hurt her shoulder and she seemed a bit off this second time around. 

WOW! Congrats to South Greene who upsets Summertown to win their first ever State Championship after 13 straight trips to the tournament. Jr. Jordan Roderick is the MVP with 22 kills and a number of aces and digs. Summertown made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes, but there is no doubt that South Greene deserves this win. They weren't content to just show up...they played to win after facing the gauntlet and playing 3 games yesterday. Congrats Rebels! 

And congrats to Summetown on a great season and great run the last several years! They are a great team as well!

Edited by Rockstar89
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

WOW! Congrats to South Greene who upsets Summertown to win their first ever State Championship after 13 straight trips to the tournament. Jr. Jordan Roderick is the MVP with 22 kills and a number of aces and digs. Summertown made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes, but there is no doubt that South Greene deserves this win. They weren't content to just show up...they played to win after facing the gauntlet and playing 3 games yesterday. Congrats Rebels! I think there has only been one team since 2015 to lose on day one and come back to win it all. 

And congrats to Summetown on a great season and great run the last several years! They are a great team as well!

Make that 2 teams in the same day! Hume-Fogg just did it! Hoping Nolensville does it too!