2021 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

All season I was reluctant to do any bragging about South Greene, especially in light of the conversations regarding the better teams in middle and west Tennessee. Going by South Greene's appearances at state, I really couldn't argue with those who saw the East Tennessee teams as not posing much of a threat.

The Lady Rebels may have changed a lot of minds today and that is a good thing.

Summertown is an excellent team and can hold their heads up proudly. Same with all the other schools who participated.

I rose at 4a.m. today to make the long drive from GreenEville to the game. I will always remember. Men on the SG side wept openly. Even Coach Stephen Gregg. Same with the South Greene team.

Trophies and banners, up by the rafters of the fieldhouse, are great things. But the greatest thing is to know, win or lose, you did your very best. The score of the fifth game shows that to be the case. Congratulations to every player.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

All season I was reluctant to do any bragging about South Greene, especially in light of the conversations regarding the better teams in middle and west Tennessee. Going by South Greene's appearances at state, I really couldn't argue with those who saw the East Tennessee teams as not posing much of a threat.

The Lady Rebels may have changed a lot of minds today and that is a good thing.

Summertown is an excellent team and can hold their heads up proudly. Same with all the other schools who participated.

I rose at 4a.m. today to make the long drive from GreenEville to the game. I will always remember. Men on the SG side wept openly. Even Coach Stephen Gregg. Same with the South Greene team.

Trophies and banners, up by the rafters of the fieldhouse, are great things. But the greatest thing is to know, win or lose, you did your very best. The score of the fifth game shows that to be the case. Congratulations to every player.

They came to play and besides that first Loretto game owned it! Congrats! Lots of fight in those kids. 

• Like 1