2021 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

18 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Will be interesting to see how Summertown stacks up with Ravenwood. They are the team to beat in single A and would love to see them put a lick lick on a Wilco team if possible.

I don’t know that Hickman or Camden will have much luck against some of these schools, although their pools seem a little softer. I wonder if the Power pools play their own tourney after pool play or if it is all mixed? Regardless, looks like a fun weekend and will be watching results!

Ravenwood out Briarcrest Christian in  for Summertown / went from frying pan into the fire both would be great compensation / don’t know why some pools have 5 teams others 3 ? 

12 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Why do you think the tournament will be in Camden? 

Because the Region 5-A tournament location rotates between Districts 9 & 10. Locations the last four years were 2020 Harpeth (D10), 2019 Jo Byrns (D9), 2018 Hickman Co (D10), 2017 Waverly (D9). Last year was at Harpeth (D10) so if I have it right, it *should* revert to whoever wins District 9 this year. Which will easily be Camden - no contest vs. Jo Byrns or Waverly. 

District 10-A tourney will be at Santa Fe this year which isn’t close for Harpeth or even Hickman Co. (the two schools that will compete for the D10 championship)

Edited by Rockstar89

9 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Interesting that you say that because if you go by the way they are seeded this weekend, Hickman and Camden are both higher seeds than Summertown.  

All 3 are definitely top 5 single A teams for sure. But Summertown are reigning state champs with wins this year over 2 teams that went to AAA state last year.  That said, no one probably even really thinks about actually ranking single A teams when mixed in with some of the top state talent in those power pools. I just hope they all three can jump up and surprise someone!

12 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Agreed. Not a favorable switch. I would have rather played Ravenwood than Briarcrest. 

We should only take these games as learning or teaching moments / of course you want to win and Summertown doesn’t like to lose in anything but getting prepared for tournaments the ultimate goal / doubt these caliber teams be in 1A

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

We should only take these games as learning or teaching moments / of course you want to win and Summertown doesn’t like to lose in anything but getting prepared for tournaments the ultimate goal / doubt these caliber teams be in 1A

For sure, just give it your best and use it as a learning experience/measuring stick as much as anything else.