I saw this last week:

1) McKenzie

2) Greenfield

3) Wayne County

4) Huntland

5) Clay County

6) Gleason

7) Van Buren

I assume this is based on summer camps, but curious as to what everyone else thinks.

I’m pretty sure McKenzie is legit, but what about everyone else?

You don’t want to run into North Green if Brooklyn Anderson gets back. They lost a girl early when we played them and they still were competitive without two of them. They are just big and match up well against good teams. Clay County will be tough as well. McKenzie and Greenfield will be good. Edie is playing lights out and they added the big post they needed in Alford from USJ. McKenzie is favored and should be. Very solid.

Edited by pioneer42

Good info.  I know very little about the teams in East Tennessee or even Huntland for that matter.  I’m more familiar with the teams in West Tenn.  I’m still adjusting to these new districts and regions, but I do expect Class A to be very interesting with the departure of Gibson County, Summertown, and Loretto.

1 hour ago, thetruth1 said:

Good info.  I know very little about the teams in East Tennessee or even Huntland for that matter.  I’m more familiar with the teams in West Tenn.  I’m still adjusting to these new districts and regions, but I do expect Class A to be very interesting with the departure of Gibson County, Summertown, and Loretto.

We played North Green last week and beat them pretty good but they were competitive and missing two starters. I seen Greenfield and McKenzie a couple of weeks ago. McKenzie with more weapons but Edie looks to be on a mission. Clay County was very solid and fundamental at state last year and looked like they had a solid roster. Gleason will be good as well. Hadn’t seen the rest of them, but I would bet they are good.

A month ago, I’d have said Wayne Co could compete for a title. Improved a lot last year, bringing back everyone, and adding a big time 8th grader. They beat Westview early in the summer. Then they lost their best post player to an ACL. Will still be good but not sure they have enough to compete with McKenzie and Greenfield.

I haven’t seen Huntland this summer but heard they have some really good young talent. Might be a year away

I figured Wayne County would return to the top at some point, but you may be right in that it’s difficult to handle those devasting ACL injuries.  How long will it take the WC post player to return from the ACL?  I guess what I’m wondering is will she be able to return before the season is over.

I saw yesterday that one of Huntland’s best young players is transferring to Webb School, but I’m not sure how to link things on here yet.

4 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

I figured Wayne County would return to the top at some point, but you may be right in that it’s difficult to handle those devasting ACL injuries.  How long will it take the WC post player to return from the ACL?  I guess what I’m wondering is will she be able to return before the season is over.

I saw yesterday that one of Huntland’s best young players is transferring to Webb School, but I’m not sure how to link things on here yet.

I know Gibson County has lost a backup post with an ACL and Loretto lost a starting post I believe with ACL and I don’t see how they can come back. End of season best case, IMO and that is probably being conservative. I am not a doctor, but most ACL’s last a while, but we will sure pray for quick recoveries for all. 

10 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

webb recruitment of the state and my area in franklin county is very real 

8 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

webb recruitment of the state and my area in franklin county is very real 

They are private. They will have their hands full with Middle Tennessee Christian. They said they had four new players coming in in the future. That can’t be good for the chemistry of the team and is a real good way to make current players mad.