Favorites in Class A

thetruth1

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They are private. They will have their hands full with Middle Tennessee Christian. They said they had four new players coming in in the future. That can’t be good for the chemistry of the team and is a real good way to make current players mad. 

they will be a flash in the pan once things become very clear with how things go on that campus and the extension of travel ball coaches in all sports they will be back to just another private school same goes for mtcs you only get what you pay for

On 6/30/2021 at 7:06 AM, maddams said:

A month ago, I’d have said Wayne Co could compete for a title. Improved a lot last year, bringing back everyone, and adding a big time 8th grader. They beat Westview early in the summer. Then they lost their best post player to an ACL. Will still be good but not sure they have enough to compete with McKenzie and Greenfield.

I haven’t seen Huntland this summer but heard they have some really good young talent. Might be a year away

Huntland has a lot of talent again this year but lost their best player last year to graduation and what would have been their best player this year to Webb. They will still be good though with what they still have. Moore Co will surprise some people. They have 4 seniors, 1 junior and 1 really good freshman. I would put them in front of Huntland in their district. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie has to find a post player or two.  My best bet would be to put Auvenshine in the post if we don't have anyone move in.  She is strong,  a scrapper, and can get down right mean when she wants to.  

Your preaching to the choir. Brookland Anderson gets back for state for North Green you better have a post. Kinsey Weathers put up 25 in the Region Semifinals against McKenzie last year. 

2 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Huntland has a lot of talent again this year but lost their best player last year to graduation and what would have been their best player this year to Webb. They will still be good though with what they still have. Moore Co will surprise some people. They have 4 seniors, 1 junior and 1 really good freshman. I would put them in front of Huntland in their district. 

Huntland should still be good and a very seasoned coach even with losing two good players. moore county i saw a few years ago against huntland and should be better but i do not think the freshman is as good as advertised having seen her play down in age groups aau all spring. 

44 minutes ago, thetruth1 said:

I was going to ask about Moore Co.  I remember in the distant past when Moore County and Richland were both really tough teams as well as Collinwood and Wayne County.  Speaking of Collinwood: anyone know anything about the Trojans?

I could be wrong but I think Moore Co could be a top 5 team in the state this year. They have 4 seniors and a junior who have played a ton since they were freshman. They have a good incoming freshman class with 1 really good freshman. Richland lost 2K point scorer to college. They have a good scorer in Higgins that is a freshman but don’t think she can replace Jennings. They should still contend for 2nd in the district behind Wayne Co. Chad Hall is as good of a coach as I have seen in single A. I’ve seen the Collinwood point guard a couple of times this summer and she is really good. Don’t know what else they have. 

22 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Huntland should still be good and a very seasoned coach even with losing two good players. moore county i saw a few years ago against huntland and should be better but i do not think the freshman is as good as advertised having seen her play down in age groups aau all spring. 

Agree Huntland is still loaded with talent and could win 3rd district championship in a row. I think Moore Co is charged up with the coaching change and they have as much talent as Huntland IMO. I have seen the Moore Co freshman a lot and I think she is really good. I know she plays on a travel team that is for incoming 8th graders but I have seen her against high school competition too. She is good against both. Might take her some time to get used to high school competition every night, but I expect to matter a lot. I have been wrong plenty of times before though. 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Your preaching to the choir. Brookland Anderson gets back for state for North Green you better have a post. Kinsey Weathers put up 25 in the Region Semifinals against McKenzie last year. 

Oh..I know. I was their doing radio. Goes out first two minutes in 1st quarter.  We thought she was done. Comes out and drops 23 in the second half. I think she had two when she went out.

15 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie has to find a post player or two.  My best bet would be to put Auvenshine in the post if we don't have anyone move in.  She is strong,  a scrapper, and can get down right mean when she wants to.  

It would be nice to have a good post but that's not going to hurt the Lady Rebels much. They beat a very good Bowling Green, Ky team by 19 that had two outstanding bigs. The Davis kid and Reynolds sisters are so talented. I would put both in the category of the Weathers kid from Loretto. Heck Savannah Davis is a Larry Bird type player, so smooth and under control. As you can tell I'm very impressed with this McKenzie squad. It may be the best single A team I've ever seen!