Favorites in Class A

thetruth1

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

It would be nice to have a good post but that's not going to hurt the Lady Rebels much. They beat a very good Bowling Green, Ky team by 19 that had two outstanding bigs. The Davis kid and Reynolds sisters are so talented. I would put both in the category of the Weathers kid from Loretto. Heck Savannah Davis is a Larry Bird type player, so smooth and under control. As you can tell I'm very impressed with this McKenzie squad. It may be the best single A team I've ever seen!

They are talented.  We have shooters. Not just one but 4 or 5. Savannah is special but also very much a team player.  Chesser, Auvenshine, the Reynolds, Dyer (only Senior this year) all can play.   Ognibene will probably be the post player but I like Auvenshine in there as well. She is just so scrappy. 

Very true in that a lot can and will change between now and the time the season starts.

After all of this info on McKenzie, I got curious and watched the region opener against Collinwood on NFHS (I’ve only watched a few Class A games on there because many teams don’t have any games to view).  Wow did McKenzie come out hot in that game making 8 three’s in the first quarter.  Cwood opened in a zone which isn’t work out well at all.

I can see where many folks are so high on McKenzie if that game is any indication of the future of that team.

3 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

Very true in that a lot can and will change between now and the time the season starts.

After all of this info on McKenzie, I got curious and watched the region opener against Collinwood on NFHS (I’ve only watched a few Class A games on there because many teams don’t have any games to view).  Wow did McKenzie come out hot in that game making 8 three’s in the first quarter.  Cwood opened in a zone which isn’t work out well at all.

I can see where many folks are so high on McKenzie if that game is any indication of the future of that team.

One senior this year.  The rest are sophomores and juniors.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Croppygenius said:

As you can tell I'm very impressed with this McKenzie squad. It may be the best single A team I've ever seen!

Oh my, have you already forgotten about that Greenfield team.  That Greenfield team which was the best team ever would beat Mckenzie easily. (3 Division 1 girls on a Class A team never before)

•  

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my, have you already forgotten about that Greenfield team.  That Greenfield team which was the best team ever would beat Mckenzie easily. (3 Division 1 girls on a Class A team never before)

•  
  •  

They were good but best teams ever don’t get beat in Murfreesboro. You might want to watch film of Gibson County 2009 and 2010 back to back with 3 Division 1 Players. 70-1. I will agree that Greenfield will be one of the favorites to win class A this year especially if they get good good post play in the paint with Alford and Glisson. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

They were good but best teams ever don’t get beat in Murfreesboro. You might want to watch film of Gibson County 2009 and 2010 back to back with 3 Division 1 Players. 70-1. I will agree that Greenfield will be one of the favorites to win class A this year especially if they get good good post play in the paint with Alford and Glisson. 

Not talking about this years Greenfield team they would lose by 40 to the team of Chloe Tess Edie & Reese and that year. I saw Gibson County they were good but Their best player went to UTM.  Heather Butler was outstanding but that team can’t stack up with that Greenfield team. Remember who coached that team at Gibson County, Kevin McMillan. In my opinion the Best high school girls coach ever in this area. 

Wasn’t Gibson County AA that year anyway? But in my opinion  It wouldn’t have been a close game. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

9 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Not talking about this years Greenfield team they would lose by 40 to the team of Chloe Tess Edie & Reese and that year. I saw Gibson County they were good but Their best player went to UTM.  Heather Butler was outstanding but that team can’t stack up with that Greenfield team. Remember who coached that team at Gibson County, Kevin McMillan. In my opinion the Best high school girls coach ever in this area. 

You didn’t have anyone that could guard both Heather Griffin and Aubrey Ready. No posts on Greenfield’s team. Heather Butler had offers all over the country and chose to stay home with her family. She is the all-time leading scorer in OVC history. Number 1. They would have beat Greenfield by 20. You split with Gibson County in 2019, lost to South Side twice and Loretto. Matter of fact y’all were going to honor the 2018 champs while playing Gibson County in 2019 on your floor and release the banner after the Gibson County game and that got canceled because you got beat. 

25 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Wasn’t Gibson County AA that year anyway? But in my opinion  It wouldn’t have been a close game. 

Yeah they were AA, but you said best ever.

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

•  
  •  

No disrespect to the Jackets, those were some great teams. I saw them play a bunch. But this McKenzie team is quicker. They can beat you to the basket and shoot the three!