3A 2021 PRESEASON RANKINGS

CHARGERFAN

4 hours ago, Wavo2004 said:

That don't even have Waverly on the list 

I'm sure I made mistakes, but I tried to go through the Massey Ratings list and pull out the top 3A teams.  There are quite a few discrepancies when compared to the State of Tennessee High School Football website.  The number in parentheses Indicates each team's rank among all public and private schools in the state.

1.  Alcoa (24)
2.  Covington (68)
3.  East Nashville (91)
4.  Giles Co. (119)
5.  Loudon (129)
6.  Austin-East (140)
7.  Maplewood (141)
8.  Dyersburg (144)
9.  Gatlinburg-Pittman (145)
10.  Ripley (151)
11. Stratford (154)
12. Fairview (170)
13. Signal Mountain (172)
14. Pigeon Forge (179)
15. Waverly (188)
16. Kingston (194)
17. White House (212)
18. Stewart Co. (234)
19. Camden (240)
20. Memphis East (267)

I also went to the Match-up tool and entered Waverly at Camden.  The Tigers are predicted to be a 7 point favorite over the Lions at this time.

11 hours ago, stacmot said:

I'm sure I made mistakes, but I tried to go through the Massey Ratings list and pull out the top 3A teams.  There are quite a few discrepancies when compared to the State of Tennessee High School Football website.  The number in parentheses Indicates each team's rank among all public and private schools in the state.

1.  Alcoa (24)
2.  Covington (68)
3.  East Nashville (91)
4.  Giles Co. (119)
5.  Loudon (129)
6.  Austin-East (140)
7.  Maplewood (141)
8.  Dyersburg (144)
9.  Gatlinburg-Pittman (145)
10.  Ripley (151)
11. Stratford (154)
12. Fairview (170)
13. Signal Mountain (172)
14. Pigeon Forge (179)
15. Waverly (188)
16. Kingston (194)
17. White House (212)
18. Stewart Co. (234)
19. Camden (240)
20. Memphis East (267)

I also went to the Match-up tool and entered Waverly at Camden.  The Tigers are predicted to be a 7 point favorite over the Lions at this time.

Nice job, Stacmot. This seems more reasonable, with Dyersburg making the top ten in this list. Let’s watch for other rankings as they become available.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:53 PM, stacmot said:

I'm sure you are familiar with this site:  https://masseyratings.com/hsf/tn/ratings

Tennessee public and private schools are rated from 1-345.

Region 7-3A:

Covington -  68
Dyersburg - 144
Ripley -  151
Millington - 204
Bolton -  205
Bolivar - 222

Region 7-4A:

Milan - 60
Haywood - 67
South Gibson - 96
North Side - 120
Crockett Co. - 127
Obion Co. - 184

Don't shoot the messenger!  In an effort to contribute, I'm just posting a link to another preseason rating/poll option.

That is garbage and I’m being nice. 

6 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

That is garbage and I’m being nice. 

Aren't all polls and rankings garbage?  But, we still look at them,  As I've said in another thread, head-to-head competition determines the outcome and that is all that counts.  Thanks for being nice.

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

Aren't all polls and rankings garbage?  But, we still look at them,  As I've said in another thread, head-to-head competition determines the outcome and that is all that counts.  Thanks for being nice.

No, not all polls are but this one is. It has some teams that will likely go 5-5 in their top 100. The two best teams in IIA are behind some average teams. 

Another point is Alcoa is young this year and is not what they have been. I would take the field vs them to win it. Rankin is a HOF coach but he might have to do his best coaching job ever to win it. 

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

No, not all polls are but this one is. It has some teams that will likely go 5-5 in their top 100. The two best teams in IIA are behind some average teams. 

Another point is Alcoa is young this year and is not what they have been. I would take the field vs them to win it. Rankin is a HOF coach but he might have to do his best coaching job ever to win it. 

I think part of what you said about Alcoa will be correct. They will be young but only on the defensive side of the ball. They lost a lot there. On the offensive side practically the whole line returns including the two mammoth tackles that will play college ball anywhere they want. The qb Buckles will likely win Mr. Football. Most of the Alcoa fans on these boards are very excited about their offense this year and will probably be better than last year. They defense will have to grow up quick but will be just as good as any other defensive unit in 3a. If they don’t win 3A with PC and Milan gone and a Covington team have graduated a TON, I will be shocked. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Just curious.  What polls do you consider to be the most reliable?

15 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Alcoa will return 5 defensive starters. They may be age/class young but all played 15 games last yr
Davis-Newman-Cannon-Bryant-Harris —by the 5/6 game a Dline guy will be back that started the semifinal and championship game

The LB’s and DB’s will be just fine. It’s the front 4 that will be a question early???? 

Alcoa is loaded again don’t be fooled the offense will put a lot of points on the board

On 7/14/2021 at 8:25 AM, Playerscoach said:

You obviously don't have a good feel for this season's Alcoa Team? This team will have great Senior Leadership and a strong Junior class. The Offense will be much improved from last season. Simply from QB play and one of the best Offensive Lines in any classification. The Defense will be very good , but will be hard pressed to play at the level last seasons team did. Mainly due to that Defensive Team being one of best to play at Alcoa. But, with Coach Nix's you are guaranteed a great defense every year.

As far as the List?, By seasons end........Alcoa will be hold up another Gold Trophy and ranked as one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification. 

• Upvote 1