2A top 15 according to tn highschool football website

ChineseFlu

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

If we are being honest that game was kinda weak ! More mistakes than great plays, I get it that will piss a homer or 50 off, but you can’t tell me South Pitt really even showed up! Not taking anything from City they are a Good team, but programs are forged in fire and they still have to prove they can in fact pull it out when its a bad game, People look at Peabody and talk about our dominance,win streak and so forth ! If we loose every non region game I won’t count them out, it’s not the blow outs that make us who we are it’s the Kids that didn’t quit vs Fairley and Meigs and the OT field goal that prove we are who we say we are ! I look forward to a great post season with a very strong west this year !!!

I think part of it was that everyone had heard all year that it was a lock for sp to win it. One assistant had made the remark that the only thing that would keep them from winning it all would be covid. The main thing that won that game for Fayetteville was winning in the trenches. The other thing and most sp fans that will be honest will agree with this: Coaching. 

Over the years sp has lost games that they probably should have won but poor play calling cost them. 

I will admit that it is a little satisfying knowing that Marion beat Fayetteville and they win a state title by beating sp :grin:

(Did I say that outloud?) :roflolk:

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just so everyone knows Don Coady is back at Westview as an assistant coach and will be teaching drivers Ed. His specialty when he was the coach at Westview before was trench play. Lord knows that has been lacking for Westview. I see that improving greatly if he stays a few seasons. 

Interesting 

29 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Can the Meigs faithful tell me how y'all keep reloading? I was told that Rhea Co QB is now at Meigs

Player development, Meigs rarely gets transfers like Peabody I can think of 4 since 2013, it’s getting the younguns in ball early !!! Kids want to play for Coach Fitz as well ! Makes a huge difference 

45 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Can the Meigs faithful tell me how y'all keep reloading? I was told that Rhea Co QB is now at Meigs

That's not true as far as I know. If it is you may know more than myself. We did steal a coach from them though this year. He left Rhea and Davis from Central went to Rhea.

And honestly of all the positions that might come to Meigs, do you think one would come knowing what we have already at that position? If we have any transfers I'm unaware. 

As far as reloading goes, we have plenty of positions that are in question every year. We have developed many fine replacements to fill the holes of a depleted roster. Alot of that comes from early playtime, reps in the weight room and dedicated players who have inherited the will to win.

Edited by Yeti

18 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Player development, Meigs rarely gets transfers like Peabody I can think of 4 since 2013, it’s getting the younguns in ball early !!! Kids want to play for Coach Fitz as well ! Makes a huge difference 

Thank you, and you are spot on.

26 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

How many players does Meigs get from Rhea?  I know Aaron swafford was from Rhea.  

He was a transfer yes. His mom is still a teacher at Meigs as far as I know and his sister still goes to Meigs. We were very fortunate to land that family and the talent they brought with them. He played all four years at Meigs.

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

If we are being honest that game was kinda weak ! More mistakes than great plays, I get it that will piss a homer or 50 off, but you can’t tell me South Pitt really even showed up! Not taking anything from City they are a Good team, but programs are forged in fire and they still have to prove they can in fact pull it out when its a bad game, People look at Peabody and talk about our dominance,win streak and so forth ! If we loose every non region game I won’t count them out, it’s not the blow outs that make us who we are it’s the Kids that didn’t quit vs Fairley and Meigs and the OT field goal that prove we are who we say we are ! I look forward to a great post season with a very strong west this year !!!

You can say SP didn’t show up. You can say they were overconfident. I would say we (Fayetteville) showed up ready to play and gave them something they weren’t expecting. Being at the game, it looked like everyone from SP was surprised at halftime that they were in a game. Was that because SP was slacking or because we are a really good team when we are hitting on all cylinders? I choose to believe when our team is dialed in, we can play with anybody in 1A. I don’t know what that will look like against McKenzie or Peabody. Peabody is the top dog until someone proves otherwise. There are 5 teams that have elite talent IMO and 4 are in the west. It will be exciting to see the west quarters and semis. I hope we play well enough to be there. 

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

Well his brother played there and Meigs has a shot to win state this year so that’s probably 2 big reasons.
  I have heard Fitzgerald is a great coach to play for and Meigs has a great sports program established.  Just my guesses but I’m not at Meigs but know a couple folks there. 

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

That's not true as far as I know. If it is you may know more than myself. We did steal a coach from them though this year. He left Rhea and Davis from Central went to Rhea.

And honestly of all the positions that might come to Meigs, do you think one would come knowing what we have already at that position? If we have any transfers I'm unaware. 

As far as reloading goes, we have plenty of positions that are in question every year. We have developed many fine replacements to fill the holes of a depleted roster. Alot of that comes from early playtime, reps in the weight room and dedicated players who have inherited the will to win.

I have seen you guys the past few years and it seems that your coaches do a great job of getting those guys ready...bc I thought for sure you would have a drop off when Swafford left and I think you may have been better.