2A top 15 according to tn highschool football website

ChineseFlu

28 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Well his brother played there and Meigs has a shot to win state this year so that’s probably 2 big reasons.
  I have heard Fitzgerald is a great coach to play for and Meigs has a great sports program established.  Just my guesses but I’m not at Meigs but know a couple folks there. 

That is a good reason to go if you ask me. I was just curious and very impressed with their program.

1 hour ago, Richmond30 said:

You can say SP didn’t show up. You can say they were overconfident. I would say we (Fayetteville) showed up ready to play and gave them something they weren’t expecting. Being at the game, it looked like everyone from SP was surprised at halftime that they were in a game. Was that because SP was slacking or because we are a really good team when we are hitting on all cylinders? I choose to believe when our team is dialed in, we can play with anybody in 1A. I don’t know what that will look like against McKenzie or Peabody. Peabody is the top dog until someone proves otherwise. There are 5 teams that have elite talent IMO and 4 are in the west. It will be exciting to see the west quarters and semis. I hope we play well enough to be there. 

Peabody is most definitely a unique small school, we don’t get transfers as we a very small blue collar town m, for us it’s all about a hard nosed program that give honest tough love to our you men and women in athletics ! City is a very good team ! And your coach had you guys where you needed to be IMO ! South Pitt under Grider didn’t adjust well if any at all and it cost them multiple Gold balls ! My reference was to un covered recievers missed tackles and things you shouldn’t be seeing in a state championship  game ! I will wish City luck until we meet up and hope if we do it’s a great game !

31 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Peabody is most definitely a unique small school, we don’t get transfers as we a very small blue collar town m, for us it’s all about a hard nosed program that give honest tough love to our you men and women in athletics ! City is a very good team ! And your coach had you guys where you needed to be IMO ! South Pitt under Grider didn’t adjust well if any at all and it cost them multiple Gold balls ! My reference was to un covered recievers missed tackles and things you shouldn’t be seeing in a state championship  game ! I will wish City luck until we meet up and hope if we do it’s a great game !

Thanks man. I hope so too. I hope to make it up there to see y’all against Milan. 

4 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

Yeah, Region 2 absolutely no love except for Monterey and  they are coming up from 1A.  No Red Boiling Springs or Pickett County anymore.

We shouldn’t be getting love, neither should rockwood. Both of us have been tough programs but we both have underachieved given the talent we’ve each had over the last few years. Wartburg has a lot to prove before anyone takes them seriously as a program. York is moving in the right direction and Monterey could challenge although I expect the new classification will be a bit more challenging than they’re used to. Both us and rockwood should be legitimate contenders but they like us will have to learn how to become a yearly power again or we’ll own the early round exit title. So until that happens (if it ever does) The region and in my opinion the quad for that matter is prime for a team like YAI to be very successful for the next few years. 

Edited by crow

13 hours ago, Yeti said:

Our qb is better, I'll just throw it out there. Luke was good but under pressure he buckled. Never seen our qb do that against a good team.

If South Greene can stay healthy I think they should be considered a top 10 team. They are returning a better team than last year. There qb has been in the weight room in the off-season, he will be fun to watch.

20 hours ago, Yeti said:

Seeing South Greene in person I can say with some knowledge that unless they return nearly all of their team they are not a top 10 team. Top 15 definitely, but the only player of note was their qb. His ability to scramble was a thing of beauty. Not dissing them by any means but I saw what I saw. Going 10-0 against easy teams got them a higher ranking than they deserve imo. It's mind boggling that they beat Hampton. I guess that's just how rivalries go sometimes though. 

I disagree.  They may not be a #1 yet like Meigs, but they were a young top 10 worthy team last year and Hampton as well.  Last year/season is gone though.  New year & new season for all. They’ll be better and so should Hampton.  

Edited by Romansfive8

16 hours ago, Yeti said:

Our qb is better, I'll just throw it out there. Luke was good but under pressure he buckled. Never seen our qb do that against a good team.

I’ll disagree with this to.  Meigs Oline was better than SG’s and having a really strong Oline is nice advantage to have.  To say he never buckled under pressure maybe stretching it a little...Méigs did lose to Peabody.  I’m not knocking the QB; he was really good.   However, I believe the QB from SG could have done just as good if not better behind an Oline like Meigs had.  Also, I’m not knocking SG’s Oline from last year either; they were young and held up fairly well for their small size.   Your opinion and my opinion may differ on QB’s and that’s ok...But I know we both can agree we’re looking forward to the new season and some great HS FB just around corner.  Have a blessed a week.

Edited by Romansfive8

5 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

I’ll disagree with this to.  Meigs Oline was better than SG’s and having a really strong Oline is nice advantage to have.  To say he never buckled under pressure maybe stretching it a little...Méigs did lose to Peabody.  I’m not knocking the QB; he was really good.   However, I believe the QB from SG could have done just as good if not better behind an Oline like Meigs had.  Also, I’m not knocking SG’s Oline from last year either; they were young and held up fairly well for their small size.   Your opinion and my opinion may differ on QB’s and that’s ok...But I know we both can agree we’re looking forward to the new season and some great HS FB just around corner.  Have a blessed a week.

Under pressure he threw either 2-3 interceptions in our game. Not sure what else you would consider calling that. Meigs and South Greene offensively have much different play styles. The difference between our qbs is ours performs much better under pressure. There are options as a qb besides throwing it up and hoping for the best under duress. Your qb would probably have faired well with our team as well as you say, but our qb and his strengths would have done extremely well with yours as well I believe. Im.always glad to see your posts friend. I have alot of respect for you and the way you present yourself on these boards. Just know that I'm not attacking your team. Your 2020 South Greene team to me was about the same as our 2016 team. Pretty good but just not there yet. We found out when we played Marion County that year what a state championship caliber team looks like. We chased it and are now much closer than we were back then and hope to just keep improving.

10 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

I have seen you guys the past few years and it seems that your coaches do a great job of getting those guys ready...bc I thought for sure you would have a drop off when Swafford left and I think you may have been better.

We knew our current qb would replace Swafford when he was just a freshman. Logan Carroll our current qb has been a starter for Meigs since his freshman year. Played reciever and was one of the best we had when he played that position. Also played DB extremely well. He's a tremendous athlete. One of the thing about Meigs is normally on skill positions you already know who is gonna take who's place when graduation opens up a slot. Our coaches put in alot of work with the young guys so we rarely get the feeling of having to start over at positions every year. I'm sure most teams do that, but we do it really well. Every year for Meigs we just seem to have the question mark at line play. Every year though for the last 4-5 year we've made it work and work pretty well really.

Daniel Boone is ranked about where Meigs finished last year as far as rankings go. If you can play with them and their ranking is close you should be a contender. Peabody was ranked around 2000 on the same pole seasons end. A hard feat to reach. Meigs on the same pole is just above 6000 for the 2021 season. It seems we aren't expected to be as good as last year. Polls mean nothing as do rankings. But knowing this may give you some insight to what it may take.766380569_Screenshot_20210712-044719_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9c02e6cd7966738006669e3927026ddb.jpg

8 hours ago, Reb1021 said:

If South Greene can stay healthy I think they should be considered a top 10 team. They are returning a better team than last year. There qb has been in the weight room in the off-season, he will be fun to watch.

They very well may be top 10 friend. But depending on one player to carry you deep in the playoffs is a very hard thing to ask of one kid. If the team steps it up and gives him some help they very well may be top 10 this year. I've looked at your schedule and if you can keep your first or second game close you will do really well this coming season. Gotta play with the big boys to be considered one.:thumb: 

Edited by Yeti
  • Like 1

My thing is if you are going to have a website about high school football and you want to be credible you have to do a better job. Pre season polls don’t mean anything but you got to do better. It’s like having Unaka in your poll. They did nothing last year to prove they should be ranked in a pre season poll. 

Hampton they proved last year they were a tough team. Should be a really solid team this year. It makes you look like you don’t really know a lot about teams.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Appvol said:

My thing is if you are going to have a website about high school football and you want to be credible you have to do a better job. Pre season polls don’t mean anything but you got to do better. It’s like having Unaka in your poll. They did nothing last year to prove they should be ranked in a pre season poll. 

Hampton they proved last year they were a tough team. Should be a really solid team this year. It makes you look like you don’t really know a lot about teams.

Agree.If you make a poll at least do the research and learn about the teams you put in the poll or leave out.Hampton and Unaka are both head scratchers to me.