10. Huntingdon

11. Bledsoe County

12. Monterey

13. Fairley

14. Tyner Academy

15. East Robertson

Probably a good starting place for the mustangs at the 10 spot

On 7/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, ChineseFlu said:

I think this will be a two team race for 1st (Marion and Meigs).  I just don't believe Tyner and Bledsoe can play with either of the other two.  That first week matchup between York and Bledsoe will tell us a lot.  

Bledsoe went to Marion last year and whipped some tail! Could be a good game at Bledsoe 

On 7/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, ChineseFlu said:

I think this will be a two team race for 1st (Marion and Meigs).  I just don't believe Tyner and Bledsoe can play with either of the other two.  That first week matchup between York and Bledsoe will tell us a lot.  

I am not going to rule Bledsoe out just yet. 

On 7/10/2021 at 12:27 PM, ChineseFlu said:

Stateoftennesseehsfb.com 2A Preseason Top 15 Team Rankings

1. Meigs County

2. Westview

3. Watertown

4. Trousdale County

5. Marion County

6. MAHS

7. Riverside

8. Lewis County

9. South Greene

10. Huntingdon

11. Bledsoe County

12. Monterey

13. Fairley

14. Tyner Academy

15. East Robertson

I'm a Meigs fan, but I'm surprised to see them ranked #1 in preseason, with the loss of several hosses on the line and their stud running back from last season. On top of that, the projected running back to start is out with two broken legs.  The Tigers do have some good talent returning, but how these new starters play will determine how far they go.

1 hour ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Bledsoe went to Marion last year and whipped some tail! Could be a good game at Bledsoe 

I wouldn't say whipped some tail. 0-0 @ the half. Gave up a couple big plays and we missed on a couple. They were the better team that night but that was last year. Maybe we won't miss this year.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:48 PM, Yeti said:

That's not true as far as I know. If it is you may know more than myself. We did steal a coach from them though this year. He left Rhea and Davis from Central went to Rhea.

And honestly of all the positions that might come to Meigs, do you think one would come knowing what we have already at that position? If we have any transfers I'm unaware. 

As far as reloading goes, we have plenty of positions that are in question every year. We have developed many fine replacements to fill the holes of a depleted roster. Alot of that comes from early playtime, reps in the weight room and dedicated players who have inherited the will to win.

You are correct, that is not true. Caleb is still at Rhea and having a great preseason. I can’t recall any transfers across the river in the last couple of years. Meigs does a good job developing their kids. 

As far as the Coach you all got, he is a good friend of mine and a great coach. I think he got done wrong at Rhea from what I was told, but that is part of the coaching business I guess. I wish him and all of Coach Fitz’s crew good luck! 

Edited by Rhea Co.

3 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

You are correct, that is not true. Caleb is still at Rhea and having a great preseason. I can’t recall any transfers across the river in the last couple of years. Meigs does a good job developing their kids. 

As far as the Coach you all got, he is a good friend of mine and a great coach. I think he done wrong at Rhea from what I was told, but that is part of the coaching business I guess. I wish him and all of Coach Fitz’s crew good luck! 

I've yet to meet him, Fitz spoke highly of him when I asked about him though. Thanks for the nod. We've went against a Davis led defense quite a few times he really knows what he's doing it seems.  Wish you all good luck as well friend. 

5 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

As far as the Coach you all got, he is a good friend of mine and a great coach. I think he done wrong at Rhea from what I was told, but that is part of the coaching business I guess. I wish him and all of Coach Fitz’s crew good luck! 

Fitz is a great coach, and an even better person.  I'm glad for Meigs' sake, but it's sad that the Rhea administration didn't support one of their own at that time.