Region 4-4A

MCFAN3

The region stays the same except Upperman joins in on the fun. Unlike the past 4 years, teams will need to win more than just one game to make the playoffs this year. The front-runner and favorite is Upperman to most people. However, MC and DC may have something to say about that. I expect LA and Stone to compete for the fourth seed spot in this region this year. Will Cumberland be able to surprise and shake up the region this year? Thoughts?

3 hours ago, crow6424 said:

I would believe Upperman should be loaded but I haven’t heard anything on them from the scrimmages/practices. It’s really up in the air until a few games are played in order to gage the teams.

Can’t really tell about any team until you put them under the lights. Looking forward to playing y’all guys again on the gridiron! 

18 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

Can’t really tell about any team until you put them under the lights. Looking forward to playing y’all guys again on the gridiron! 

We do have a good sports rivalry. Should be a great time as always. Our first game against Cookeville usually tells us a lot.

Upperman is big in the line and deep. They have over 70 dressed out.  I counted 9 kids in the line over 230lb up to 300lb  returning from Max rooster in 2020.  The big sr 6'5 250 DE/TE is getting lots of mid level D-1 and OVC type offers. Junior fb is like 6'3 240 and plays the other DE.  JR tail back is dynamic and also a solid LB. They have one sr WR/DB who was all state last season.  Key is the qb. Kid  played 50 percent of the snaps last season and is athletic but a little inconsistent.  UHS dominated a good Dekalb team last year and didn't lose much. I give MC a fighting chance because they return probably the best and most experienced QB in the district. Macon needs to be able to handle team speed and size when they face UHS. The Bees are comparable to Nolansville in my opinion. Two semi finals and around 10 playoff wins in last 7 seasons is a pretty proven track record. They have a three year back to back to back region championship streak going, but 4a is a diffrent beast. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

10 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Upperman is big in the line and deep. They have over 70 dressed out.  I counted 9 kids in the line over 230lb up to 300lb  returning from Max rooster in 2020.  The big sr 6'5 250 DE/TE is getting lots of mid level D-1 and OVC type offers. Junior fb is like 6'3 240 and plays the other DE.  JR tail back is dynamic and also a solid LB. They have one sr WR/DB who was all state last season.  Key is the qb. Kid  played 50 percent of the snaps last season and is athletic but a little inconsistent.  UHS dominated a good Dekalb team last year and didn't lose much. I give MC a fighting chance because they return probably the best and most experienced QB in the district. Macon needs to be able to handle team speed and size when they face UHS. The Bees are comparable to Nolansville in my opinion. Two semi finals and around 10 playoff wins in last 7 seasons is a pretty proven track record. They have a three year back to back to back region championship streak going, but 4a is a diffrent beast. 

Thanks for the knowledge. The Macon vs Upperman game may be for the region title.

it’s in Baxter on Oct 1st

Edited by crow6424
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, crow6424 said:

We do have a good sports rivalry. Should be a great time as always. Our first game against Cookeville usually tells us a lot.

19 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

I completely agree. The rivalry has seemed to grow over the years and I like it. I see our rivalry as big as our rivalry against Smith and Trousdale.

MC seems to have more speed this go around. I’m curious to how our line will be this year. From the people I’ve talked to, we are pretty big upfront. As long as MC gets the job done in week 3 against DC, Oct. 1st should be the region championship game. 

Edited by MCFAN3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Good week for the region. Wins by Crossville, Macon, Upperman. Tough loss for Stone. Rebuild year for the hogeyes. Still wait and see for Dekalb. 

I was excited to see Cumberland get a win last night. They have drastically improved. I think they are going to give teams fits this year with some of the talent they have. 

16 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I was excited to see Cumberland get a win last night. They have drastically improved. I think they are going to give teams fits this year with some of the talent they have. 

Yes a former Cookeville and Upperman assistant coach is the head coach and former Upperman player on the staff. Bringing a winning culture to the mountain 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan