The Actual Recruiting Rules:

Rerun92

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

You may not like my idea but to just say something is a "bad ideer" does not help anything.  If you are a business (TSSAA) and you have 99% of your resources going to one particular issue why not eliminate that issue?  This is just one of the many reasons that the TSSAA is viewed as a jack leg organization.  Who in their right mind would hire people with absolutely zero business experience to operate a multi-million dollar business?

the first business is schooling aint it?

5 hours ago, RedFred said:

the first business is schooling aint it?

Education is not the first priority of the TSSAA.  The TSSAA is in charge of high school athletics for The State of Tennessee and is why they were deemed a state actor by a federal judge.  

• 8 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, cbg said:

You may not like my idea but to just say something is a "bad ideer" does not help anything.  If you are a business (TSSAA) and you have 99% of your resources going to one particular issue why not eliminate that issue?  This is just one of the many reasons that the TSSAA is viewed as a jack leg organization.  Who in their right mind would hire people with absolutely zero business experience to operate a multi-million dollar business?

That would not eliminate the issue, it would blur the clear boundary that exists...one transfer allowed would be much harder to police than it stands now, and for every move made that ended with everyone happy, there would be two who would transfer again without restriction. If athletics matters to the degree that a transfer is desired, there should have been more thought put into the decision before the student had an athletic record. I also believe that if it's important enough for the "right" reasons (bullying, ect...), that exemptions should be heavily considered, but scrutinized even more.