Springfield Yellow Jackets 2021

LEON

Any thoughts on upcoming season? I know the loss of outstanding seniors will be a task but also some really good players coming back. Looks like everyone will be chasing Henry Co. in the region, the other three spots will be interesting. Are there any preseason scrimmages scheduled, I know usually CPA is the first and are the Jackets in any jamboree? 

Im getting excited the closer we get. We definitely lost 2 of the best playmakers from last yr at QB and WR. Losing ( I think 4) starters at the OL, who also played at DL is a big challenge heading to the season. But Dustin and Co have proven that new guys step up yr after yr. Im looking forward to see Crenshaw step in at QB and show what he can do. He is a big kid who has a cannon for an arm. He played very well on defense last yr as an OLB as a So. Doubt he plays much defense this season. At WR we have 2, 36, and 21 back with a  ton of experience....they also will probably play OLBs and DB. We have 11 and 83 back at RB whom both were very solid for the Jackets a yr ago as Sophs. Im curious to see last yrs backup linemen move up to starting roles. They did get some action last yr. Defensively we get 6 and 84 back at DL who has been very productive. 45 is probably the shortest player on the team but appears fearless....I expect him to start at MLB. Not sure how the secondary will look. Have to replace 2or 3 there. 

Until the Jackets can beat Henry Co they will and should be the favorite in this region. I expect Northeast will be a tough game as well.  Haven’t heard about any scrimmages but I do expect them to play in the jamboree in Cross Plains again this yr. 7-18-21.......33 more days !! Im just ready for some Jacket football...26 more days until the jamboree :hungry:

• Like 1

The Jackets talent from a team standpoint has gotten better over the last couple of years, I believe they will have some good players to fill in at positions where we lost some players and they will have a few games to get up to speed before the big region games, really excited about the QB position, I feel that will prove to be a strength...

Edited by Kevin38
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

The Jackets talent from a team standout has gotten better over the last couple of years, I believe they will have some good players to fill in at positions where we lost some players and they will have a few games to get up to speed before the big region games, really excited about the QB position, I feel that will prove to be a strength...

The Jackets have been blessed with talent and the staff has done a pretty good job of development with most of them. I heard Crenshaw has looked impressive this off season. I know he was a good QB in little league and middle school and I expect him to do well at this level. Kid has a cannon

7 hours ago, brian2000 said:

The Jackets have been blessed with talent and the staff has done a pretty good job of development with most of them. I heard Crenshaw has looked impressive this off season. I know he was a good QB in little league and middle school and I expect him to do well at this level. Kid has a cannon

Hardin is back and healthy on the o line. He has been dominating the camps he has been attending. He won best lineman recently at the UT Martin camp. He should have a huge junior season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

Hardin is back and healthy on the o line. He has been dominating the camps he has been attending. He won best lineman recently at the UT Martin camp. He should have a huge junior season.

Good deal! The Junior class is pretty solid. Looking forward to see how it goes in the trenches on both sides of the ball with some new starters