Springfield Yellow Jackets 2021

LEON

12 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Was thinking they would be scrimming CPA at some point, a good team to get an idea of where they need work...

I think they have scrimmaged them pretty regularly to open fall practice, definitely an opportunity to see where things need to be worked on. It’s gonna be an interesting year, I do wish we weren’t playing Northeast so early to start region play. The Jackets always seem to get better as the season progresses, Northeast will be very tough and athletically present the Jackets with a tough challenge early. Looking forward to the start of the season and praying for a return of normalcy following the pandemic .

• Like 2

The starting defense pretty well shut cpa down the first series...they where running 10 plays each. Jackets offense moved the ball decent on the ground. Not much success throwing the ball. Cpa moved the ball well when the starters came back out and hit a slant for a touchdown. The jackets freshmen looked really good moving the football. All in all hey held their own overall. You can tell the o line has some work to do to play well together but thats just new starters learning each other. The jackets also have a starting lineman out with a hand injury that should be good to go week 1. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

The starting defense pretty well shut cpa down the first series...they where running 10 plays each. Jackets offense moved the ball decent on the ground. Not much success throwing the ball. Cpa moved the ball well when the starters came back out and hit a slant for a touchdown. The jackets freshmen looked really good moving the football. All in all hey held their own overall. You can tell the o line has some work to do to play well together but thats just new starters learning each other. The jackets also have a starting lineman out with a hand injury that should be good to go week 1. 

May have to rely a little more on the run starting the season to get guys comfortable. Will be interesting to see them improve in areas this Friday at WH Heritage, even though the competition is different from CPA. The Heritage and Greenbrier scrimmage was about even the other night as well.

Edited by brian2000
  • Upvote 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:02 PM, brian2000 said:

Waiting on the Jackets scrimmage report with CPA this morning  :hungry:

I did hear Jackets did pretty well defensively in the 1 on 1s

FWIW, I don’t think CPA’s starting QB played at all. The Jackets had trouble with the Lions’ passing game but looked good against the run. Crenshaw #14 looked a little rusty. He alternated series at QB with Robinson #2. Keyshawn looked good when he was in. He played QB his freshman year before moving to receiver.  Our skill guys looked good both running and receiving.  I agree with Big Dawg’s take in that the freshmen looked good on offense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1