Volleyball/ 2A

Jaychapman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anderson County, according to my ref friend in Knoxville is better than they were last year.  He told me they beat Knox Catholic, who I think will win the private school state championship 3-0 in a scrimmage this week, and in a play day today they have already beaten Farragut and Hardin Valley, two pretty good AAA teams.  I had forgotten they were moved up to AAA for 8 years.  If you don’t count those 8 years they have been in 6 of the last 14 AA State Finals and 14 of 14 final fours.  I actually thought they had Nolansville beat last year when they took game 3 and went up big in the 4 th set but Starke had a monster match to save the day.  People here in Nashville forget how dominant AC is in AA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I am also told that Hume-Fogg beat AC 25-20, 25-19 in the White House Wipeout. Also beat Central Magnet 25-21, 27-25 in the Bulldog Bash. Those are 2 of the final 3 from last years AA tournament, with the champs (Nolensville) moving up to AAA. Any thoughts, or has anyone been able to see them play this year? I know the reason they didn't compete in playoffs last year was due to Covid.

Central Magnet is not the team they were last year either. I was just talking to someone last week about 'whatever happened to Hume Fogg.' They used to always be super-competitive, but I hadn't heard their name come up in a while. Now this! So maybe they are back! With Nolensville and Portland moving up, and Camden moving down, there is definitely a chance to get some new blood into the AA sectionals & state tournament this year.