Volleyball/ 2A

Jaychapman

Yeah, last year, if not for Covid Hume-Fogg would've made at least the region, potentially gotten to state (between them and Central). As for prior years, region/sectional of death between Portland, Nolensville, Camden, and Hume-Fogg. If I had to make my pick right now though (based on what Bratman said) I would still have AC as front runner. I don't think AA is particularly strong this year. Hume-fogg may make it to state, but I would say that more because of no Portland and Nolensville. I feel like the teams out East have the best shot currently to win it all, but who knows. I just hope Covid doesn't mess it up this year too. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What are your thoughts on this one?  I know when Anderson County came to White House they had multiple starters out.  My friends at K2 said they are completely healthy and have been mowing thru the post season.  I watched them take a set in the finals last year against Nolansville and thought they might pull an upset.  I don’t know some of the other AA team, is Anderson the team to beat?

1 hour ago, bratman said:

What are your thoughts on this one?  I know when Anderson County came to White House they had multiple starters out.  My friends at K2 said they are completely healthy and have been mowing thru the post season.  I watched them take a set in the finals last year against Nolansville and thought they might pull an upset.  I don’t know some of the other AA team, is Anderson the team to beat?

Anderson County always strong. I would probably call them my pick to win AA. That said, I don’t know what their situation was at the time, but they have already lost this season to Hume Fogg. So this first round game is going for revenge. 

Ive heard East Hamilton and Signal Mountain are decent. Dyer County is supposed to be good too. Lexington only has 4 losses and two of them are to Dyer County. The others to Portland and single A Harpeth. 

I agreed with you on another thread.  Anderson did lose to Fogg in a close one at a tournament but I verified that they had multiple starters out.  Also their recent scores have been impressive. My concern with Alex and Dyer is strength of schedule.  I looked at unapproved website, and they don’t have a great resume.  Anderson over Dyer in the finals is a solid prediction but I still like Fogg’s size.

I checked the video of the Hume-Fogg vs AC match earlier this year. They only had 1 OH out it appeared (#12). They had everyone else playing during that match. I can't speak to if some were playing with injuries, but they were out there (assuming the lineup they put out in the postseason is their normal lineup). I do think AC is very tough though and Hume-Fogg has had some trouble as of late. After going through all of the teams schedules and how they have been playing lately, I think East Hamilton is the team to beat. I think that side of the bracket is loaded, between AC, HF, and EH. I like Dyer or Lawrence County on the other side of the bracket as potential dark horses. I feel like this years AA tournament is a lot more open than in past years. I could see 3 - 5 teams potentially winning it. It will just depend on who brings their best day of. Good luck to all of the teams. It should be a lot of fun!

Also, I know this isn't the A thread, but I can't help but feel that Summertown would be the favorite to win the AA title if they were in AA. Some of the A teams this year are STRONG. 

Edited by knightsfan

On 10/15/2021 at 6:42 PM, Rockstar89 said:

Anderson County always strong. I would probably call them my pick to win AA. That said, I don’t know what their situation was at the time, but they have already lost this season to Hume Fogg. So this first round game is going for revenge. 

Ive heard East Hamilton and Sullivan East are decent. Dyer County is supposed to be good too. Lexington only has 4 losses and two of them are to Dyer County. The others to Portland and single A Harpeth.