Gary Rankin vs. George Quarles

chs1984

8 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

It is just my opinion. Let me be clear in what I am saying. I am not saying Maryville doesn’t have quality depth because I know several “2’s” in recent years that would be starters in other programs or have went on to play on college. I am saying they don’t usually rotate a ton of bodies when the game is on the line. Ask any player waiting their turn on Friday night. 

Oh I hear what you’re saying. One of Rankins go to’s in an interview after a Maryville game is about the depth we have. 

14 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I’m sorry that wasn’t clear, I forgot who all was on here. How can the football team at Maryville High School dress out over 100 players for a football game when there’s only numbers 0-99 numbered jerseys for the football players to choose from? 

Great point. Alcoa Dresses Freshman for all games. Even with the freshman the numbers are typically 60-70 total players.

murvul has so many players they probably don't dress the majority of the freshman. I guarantee the Total number exceeds 100 players.

Blackman and DB both had over 100 players on the sideline also.

12 hours ago, strongx said:

Don’t confuse the discussion with fancy numbers! It’s crazy what can be learned on here. Alco dresses 65 (at least) against little schools who probably dress closer to half that number and murvil is criticized for playing in the highest classification because they didn’t really want to. I guess they were scared of the big boys. 

so, what's you excuse for the teams that had probably 76-80% more players dressed for the game than Alcoa, just last season? You must be communist.......leaving out America all the time.....slacker. Boo. Move to Canada!

Both great coaches. Personally would like to see Rankin get to 500 and Nix would understand and hang on while doing so. That's something that will never happen again in the history of the game.. Hated that GQ left for a job that couldn't pay much more and never promised tomorrow for twice the hours. A job like that some people feel since they went to school there their married to it but those places will spit you out in the wind if you don't win. Would bet that party don't last another year or two.

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Both great coaches. Personally would like to see Rankin get to 500 and Nix would understand and hang on while doing so. That's something that will never happen again in the history of the game.. Hated that GQ left for a job that couldn't pay much more and never promised tomorrow for twice the hours. A job like that some people feel since they went to school there their married to it but those places will spit you out in the wind if you don't win. Would bet that party don't last another year or two.

That fine..............I'd HATE to lose Nix!

21 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

THIS.  It is hard even for Alcoa with 65 players to have the LOS and Depth to over come playing the top 6A and DII teams. Everyone else they can cover!!:thumb:

The F5 is currently building a OL to compete....depth not so much.

Been busy out recruiting in knoxville again …lol