Gary Rankin vs. George Quarles

chs1984

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa has more gold balls/rings than Maryville and that number will only continue to become more lopsided this year with Alcoa being in 3A minus the privates, Pearl, and Milan & Maryville being in 6A with an Oakland team that will be the favorite to win the title.  It may grow to a point where Alcoa continues to add gold balls and Maryville goes several years without winning a gold ball.  

This thread and the most recent posts show that is a stat that keeps some Maryville fans up late at night.  The Rebels mystique is not what it once was.  Oakland, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood have proven it on the big stage in recent years.  

If I were an Alcoa fan, which I’m not, I would refer to that as often as possible when bantering with Maryville fans.  It may reach a point where Alcoa fans have to invite Maryville fans over to their houses in order for them to see a state championship ring up close.  

hdik if Alcoee doesn't win every little 3A gold ball from now till kingdom I would be surprised looking at the competition (no offense). 

The "Marevul Mystique" is this. It is the number 1 program over the course of time since the inception of the TSSAA. With the number of  overall wins and  Marevul has more 6A championships than Oakland, Ravenwood, and Whitehaven combined. And I sleep really good at night after all my boyfriends go home. 

Tee Hee Hee

Edited by MarevulBigGal
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

hdik if Alcoee doesn't win every little 3A gold ball from now till kingdom I would be surprised looking at the competition (no offense). 

The "Marevul Mystique" is this. It is the number 1 program over the course of time since the inception of the TSSAA. With the number of  overall wins and  Marevul has more 6A championships than Oakland, Ravenwood, and Whitehaven combined. And I sleep really good at night after all my boyfriends go home. 

Tee Hee Hee

Ding ding ding! We have a winna!

5 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa has more gold balls/rings than Maryville and that number will only continue to become more lopsided this year with Alcoa being in 3A minus the privates, Pearl, and Milan & Maryville being in 6A with an Oakland team that will be the favorite to win the title.  It may grow to a point where Alcoa continues to add gold balls and Maryville goes several years without winning a gold ball.  

This thread and the most recent posts show that is a stat that keeps some Maryville fans up late at night.  The Rebels mystique is not what it once was.  Oakland, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood have proven it on the big stage in recent years.  

If I were an Alcoa fan, which I’m not, I would refer to that as often as possible when bantering with Maryville fans.  It may reach a point where Alcoa fans have to invite Maryville fans over to their houses in order for them to see a state championship ring up close.  

I can accept that Alcoa has won more State Titles than Maryville. I actually pull for them to win them.  The honest truth is there is no one in 3A that is a threat to Alcoa. As long as Rankin,Nix and Sweetland are there the Tornadoes will continue to win big.  All I care about is Alcoa not beating Maryville.  23 out of the last 27 seasons Maryville has won this game. Maryville has a 40 game lead in the series. Maryville will continue to be in the mix for State Titles. It is a whole lot harder to win 6A than 3A.  Oakland would beat Alcoa almost every year.

Maryville vs Alcoa is a lose/ lose for Maryville and a win/win for Alcoa. Last year I would have bet money that Alcoa would have beaten Maryville because if you looked at the talent on the field it seemed to be in Alcoa’s favor but they didn’t beat Maryville and what was said in the end, “Oh well we lose out to the depth (what depth did they see in that game, who did they sub??), if we would have had a qb, they are 6A and we are just lowly 3A, if we didn’t have to play it early ect. No credit was given to Maryville or those kids who frankly stunned even their own fans. If Alcoa would have won then they slayed the giant if not they weren’t “suppose” to win.  I give Alcoa credit for playing some schools in the season but there is nothing to lose in the regular season. They stay down in 3A because there is absolutely no competition when they are playing for state. Being 6A doesn’t make you more talented ask Heritage but when they took the private schools out of their league no one can compete with Alcoa and even Milan moved up this year. Maryville probably won’t win state this year but that doesn’t mean they aren’t better than Alcoa if they beat them and Alcoa wins state.  Some people pick and choose what the barometer is. 
I wonder do my parks and rec titles count in the total against Maryville also???

Edited by Rebel1972

32 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I can accept that Alcoa has won more State Titles than Maryville. I actually pull for them to win them.  The honest truth is there is no one in 3A that is a threat to Alcoa. As long as Rankin,Nix and Sweetland are there the Tornadoes will continue to win big.  All I care about is Alcoa not beating Maryville.  23 out of the last 27 seasons Maryville has won this game. Maryville has a 40 game lead in the series. Maryville will continue to be in the mix for State Titles. It is a whole lot harder to win 6A than 3A.  Oakland would beat Alcoa almost every year.

4-23? Ouch!!

10 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

Maryville vs Alcoa is a lose/ lose for Maryville and a win/win for Alcoa. Last year I would have bet money that Alcoa would have beaten Maryville because if you looked at the talent on the field it seemed to be in Alcoa’s favor but they didn’t beat Maryville and what was said in the end, “Oh well we lose out to the depth (what depth did they see in that game, who did they sub??), if we would have had a qb, they are 6A and we are just lowly 3A, if we didn’t have to play it early ect. No credit was given to Maryville or those kids who frankly stunned even their own fans. If Alcoa would have won then they slayed the giant if not they weren’t “suppose” to win.  I give Alcoa credit for playing some schools in the season but there is nothing to lose in the regular season. They stay down in 3A because there is absolutely no competition when they are playing for state. Being 6A doesn’t make you more talented ask Heritage but when they took the private schools out of their league no one can compete with Alcoa and even Milan moved up this year. Maryville probably won’t win state this year but that doesn’t mean they aren’t better than Alcoa if they beat them and Alcoa wins state.  Some people pick and choose what the barometer is. 
I wonder do my parks and rec titles count in the total against Maryville also???

I lived in Alcoa and won a 73 Aluminum Bowl trophy against Alcoa with the Cubs! So cancel one out! :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, MarevulBigGal said:

Tee Hee Hee

71563e0d-ebb6-4f57-a260-8690b612d29.jpg.5d06812ede574ba6756200c371a37e2e.jpg10665161_900921733270393_2194386906021893447_n.jpg.81d638cfcc0f6bb606d588851cccbb6e.jpg

11 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

HA....parks and Rec! We have a pee wee coach....just like MLREB! :lol:

When Major Newman (MLB) got injured, Alcoa did not have depth to replace his skill level. Alcoa had stopped murvul til that point. Carson Jones does not get through with Major in his position. 

65 > 100! 

12 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Ha. Oakland might beat Alcoa, But the F5 would put up a better fight!

Oakland has murvuls number. Oakland can punch them in the nose early and the Rebels roll over.

Rollovers Do Not Always Mean a Dog Is Afraid or Submissive | Psychology  Today

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Oakland has murvuls number. Oakland can punch them in the nose early and the Rebels roll over.

Not according to your own coaches. I told one first hand I thought you guys could have had a shot in that game and he said "No way".

Regardless, home field has played a MAJOR role in the series between us and Oakland and their coaches agree. You can say what you want but at least I get my facts from the source.

Edited by JSamson7

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Maryville leads the series vs Oakland 5-4. I don't call that having someone's number. 

• Upvote 1