Gary Rankin vs. George Quarles

chs1984

8 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I follow Ga Hs football allot. If you look at the history down there it’s the same teams that typically win every year the same as in Tennessee. Now the Georgia schools typically don’t win back to back to back state championships but they’re always competing every year-  example Valdosta Grayson Colquitt Tucker Rome Cartersville Lowndes- the parity is better because there are so many good players everywhere that move to competing schools

in Tn there are about 10-15 schools far above everyone else and in Ga that number is about 50ish schools

If either one of these guys were to coach down there at the right school/area they would win. Heck I could have coached Grayson and win every game last yr with there talent

what’s your thoughts 

Excellent post! I agree 100%. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I would like to see Gary Rankin coach the Pickett County team and see what he can do without D1 talent and his back against the wall. 

Same thing he did at his first gig, turn them into winners. This is kinda a dumb thread made by an outsider. Both are hall of fame coaches. 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:17 AM, Red Rebels said:

Same thing he did at his first gig, turn them into winners. This is kinda a dumb thread made by an outsider. Both are hall of fame coaches. 

I am surprised that you would make such a statement. This “outsider” has been a part of high school football for over 35 years, with 5 different programs, in two different states, with multiple state championships. And I DON’T mean sitting in the bleachers! Your turn….

On 8/15/2021 at 7:17 AM, Red Rebels said:

You could have made points 1 and 3 above, without including that cheap shot in the middle. But, that says more about you than it does me. I have lost the respect that I had for you! 

27 minutes ago, TSSAAdaddy said:

I thought this was thought provoking. Alcoa and Rankin wanted nothing to do with playing Oakland in a game Packer was trying to set up. Kudos to South Pittsburg for stepping up.

https://www.991thesportsanimal.com/on-demand/

Why in the world would Rankin do that for he has nothing to prove. 

Edited by rollnoles