Gary Rankin vs. George Quarles

chs1984

My 3rd cousins nephew lives in Scott County (doesn’t everyone’s). I hear they are dressing 85 this year. That should make them the favorite in their region.

For alco’s sake, I also hope nix stays and doesn’t lose his patience. It is better for murvil when all the local schools are competitive. And much better for us fans!

28 minutes ago, strongx said:

My 3rd cousins nephew lives in Scott County (doesn’t everyone’s). I hear they are dressing 85 this year. That should make them the favorite in their region.

For alcoA’s sake, I also hope nix stays and doesn’t lose his patience. It is better for murvil when all the local schools are competitive. And much better for us fans!

THIS!

7 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

murvul has so many players they probably don't dress the majority of the freshman. I guarantee the Total number exceeds 100 players.

This is no democracy. It is a dictatorship. I am the law.
If you survive camp, you will be on the team. If you survive.
This is a public school program.
I will never, ever cut a player

tenor.gif?itemid=6042118

10 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Great point. Alcoa Dresses Freshman for all games. Even with the freshman the numbers are typically 60-70 total players.

murvul has so many players they probably don't dress the majority of the freshman. I guarantee the Total number exceeds 100 players.

Blackman and DB both had over 100 players on the sideline also.

Alcoa is not the same Alcoa of old with only the “small school” community talent to chose from.  I sat in the stands for many games when they had to play a lot of their players both ways. It is not the same anymore. You have just as many skilled bodies as Maryville does and more than most schools 3A or 6A.  I think Alcoa is a great team and I have a ton of respect for them until they cry “oh gosh darn we can’t compete with those big ole schools.” It doesn’t matter if you have 100 kids on your roster if they aren’t talented. If you have 11 on each side that have alittle bit of talent you are ahead of most schools no matter what class they are in.

Edited by Rebel1972
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Both great coaches. Personally would like to see Rankin get to 500 and Nix would understand and hang on while doing so. That's something that will never happen again in the history of the game.. Hated that GQ left for a job that couldn't pay much more and never promised tomorrow for twice the hours. A job like that some people feel since they went to school there their married to it but those places will spit you out in the wind if you don't win. Would bet that party don't last another year or two.

Great perspective, as usual, Mr. Barney. I was a bit surprised by GQ move as well, considering a few years back he had stated he had no interest in a college job, mainly because he didn’t have the stomach for recruiting. I heard that was the runner-up for the UT-Chattanooga head job a couple of years ago. 

41 minutes ago, Rebel1972 said:

Alcoa is not the same Alcoa of old with only the “small school” community talent to chose from.  I sat in the stands for many games when they had to play a lot of their players both ways. It is not the same anymore. You have just as many skilled bodies as Maryville does and more than most schools 3A or 6A.  I think Alcoa is a great team and I have a ton of respect for them until they cry “oh gosh darn we can’t compete with those big ole schools.” It doesn’t matter if you have 100 kids on your roster if they aren’t talented. If you have 11 on each side that have alittle bit of talent you are ahead of most schools no matter what class they are in.

R1972 ewe brang upp sum goodur points......Plus Alcoee's 11 starturs iz way biggurer thain our littull fellurs....Thay way a lot moore onn tha houf man purr man.....:popcorneater: