Haywood Tomcats

802Tomcat

3 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Lol he knows Milan is the favorite this year outta the whole region they return the most starters 

I bet South Gibson returns more than we do. They only lost 5-6 kids from last years team. Granted they were some ballers but they return several starters. Milan will bring back 6 on each side I believe. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Haywoods the favorite. Milan has never been in 4A. Y’all been there done that. You guys just put a beat down on Peabody. We get beatdown by them the last couple of years. I just hope our lil fellas can be competitive. 

These guys are bragging about winning a 7v7 :roflolk: against a 1a team. They dont care to much for 7v7 in Trenton 

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

These guys are bragging about winning a 7v7 :roflolk: against a 1a team. They dont care to much for 7v7 in Trenton 

I heard about what Jacobs said to the kids at practice the next day. The message he sent to the players was he definitely cared what happened. I gaurantee he wants his players to be 100% serious about everything they do. Yes in the long run the 7v7 results don’t mean anything but good coaches build good habits. No days off… everything counts. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I heard about what Jacobs said to the kids at practice the next day. The message he sent to the players was he definitely cared what happened. I gaurantee he wants his players to be 100% serious about everything they do. Yes in the long run the 7v7 results don’t mean anything but good coaches build good habits. No days off… everything counts. 

And they final to that 7/7 was 10/8 Haywood 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Sure performing against competition regardless matters but winning a 7v7 doesnt mean jack. You could win every 7v7 every week all year and still not be a good team 

a 7v7 doesn’t simulate real football.  The qb doesn’t have the linebackers and defensive ends after him. There’s no one to block and you can run routes that would never work in a game 

Edited by Tide21

28 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

a 7v7 doesn’t simulate real football.  The qb doesn’t have the linebackers and defensive ends after him. There’s no one to block and you can run routes that would never work in a game 

I agree. 

It is a lot easier for a QB to throw the ball around the yard when he doesn't have a 200 plus pound linebacker breathing down his neck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I agree. 

It is a lot easier for a QB to throw the ball around the yard when he doesn't have a 200 plus pound linebacker breathing down his neck. 

About all it’s good for is route practice and db coverage but with the qb holding the ball so long it makes it even harder on db