Daniel Boone 5a @ South Greene 2a 2021

Romansfive8

I normally do not start a lot threads, but this season I’m going to start a few.  Maybe I’m a little early in starting this one but I am looking forward to getting this season started and there’s a lot of great match ups the 1st week.  And yes I am a GreenEville fan, South GreenE fan & Just like most of you I enjoy following north east TN, east TN, and a lot of other HS football teams throughout our great & beautiful State Tennessee.  I 2 am looking forward to this season so let’s get this party started. We’re about 3 wks away from kickoff.  Per the coach T records these 2 teams played 4 times in the early 2000’s and Boone won all 4 games, so they have a little history.  Let’s hear it from you fans on Coach T your thoughts on this game.  Who wins and why do you think they’ll win? Can SG stand toe to toe or will this be a blowout for Boone? One thing I do think is it will be a physical game.   

Boone -  how’s the offense going to be? Good, bad, or in between?  Payton Ford a senior and all state lineman returning.  Who are some other key players returning for the offense? The defense should be solid especially in the secondary from what I gathered listening to a podcast/interview with the head coach from Boone.

Rebels - return some good skill players, including their QB and should have some physical experienced guys returning on the Oline. defense should be solid.

Edited by Romansfive8

• Romansfive8 changed the title to Daniel Boone 5a @ South Greene 2a 2021
12 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Realistically I think Daniel boone,  but wouldn't count south Greene out I definetly  want the smaller school to win. I like the direction Sg program has went in recent years they represent Greene County well, while greeneville represents the city. My question to you is why none of the county school play the greene devils  especially south greene

They did over a 4 year period when they were in the same conference from 09-12 under the Z plan and no offense it was a blood bath against whoever the best county team was that year.  During that 4 year period Greeneville outscored SG 236-63.

2 hours ago, Trap21 said:

Bloodbath sounds right-- Boone

Both teams met for 4 years from 2005-2008 with Boone winning each time but none were Blood Baths.  28-7 was the biggest scoring difference.  SG returns 10 on O and a lot better program than back then so it should be a pretty good opening game

15 minutes ago, BystanderMom said:

Boone lost 22 seniors and have only 6 seniors this year. Lots of positions still up for grabs, many by underclassman. 

Should be a great test for both teams.  Looking forward to this game and then onto Saturday to watch GreenEville play Knox Central.  Thank You for the info and have a wonderful day.

Edited by Romansfive8

Boone's defense will be quite impressive this year.    Offense not so much so.     As long as the O doesn't repeatedly turn it over inside the opponent's red zone then perhaps the defense can carry the team to a few wins.     I think Boone can win this game but doubt there will be a  lot of points, something like 14-7 sounds about right.

52 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Boone's defense will be quite impressive this year.    Offense not so much so.     As long as the O doesn't repeatedly turn it over inside the opponent's red zone then perhaps the defense can carry the team to a few wins.     I think Boone can win this game but doubt there will be a  lot of points, something like 14-7 sounds about right.

Who you kicking off to? LOL