Dobyn’s Bennett 6a @ Tennessee High 5a 2021

Romansfive8

DB by 3 TD's

Indians lost the best Senior class I can remember. 2021 Tribe is young and fast.

WR's are strongest group on the team and is the best group of WR's in a long time. Kicking game will be much improved from last season. Youth abounds on the O and D Line but they are talented and have size. 

See 'em Friday night at J Fred for scrimmage vs Knox Central

23 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

DB by 3 TD's

Indians lost the best Senior class I can remember. 2021 Tribe is young and fast.

WR's are strongest group on the team and is the best group of WR's in a long time. Kicking game will be much improved from last season. Youth abounds on the O and D Line but they are talented and have size. 

I notice you didn't mention the defensive backfield. 

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, LINEDAD said:

DB by 3 TD's

Linedad, give us an unbiased (lol) update of the two teams after the scrimmage. Would like  to know your opinion of Central afterwards.

3 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

How the defensive backfield going to look this season WaCo?  

also, where is the rest of the DB fans at?

Is there any TN high fans still on CT?

Want to know how the secondary will look this season?  Well hear you go,,, The defensive backs will line up 10 yards off the receivers, stand there until the receiver runs by them, then they'll try to run the receiver down before he catches the ball and scores. 

The rest of the DB fans are up at the school watching the band practice. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Not that history matters, but the last 5 meetings have all been won by DB with a combined score of 195-40.   Even with heavy graduation losses I can't see DB losing this one

I have learned to never say never. Even though I just did, twice. 

5 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Any reports from last night?

We left around 7:30. I think Central led 4-2. It's just a scrimmage and about the only things I took from it was that the offense is a work in progress, but has promise. The defense could be a big problem and it will be interesting to see there is significant progress from this scrimmage to the next. 

The Tribe travels to Anderson County Friday, I am already chomping at the bit to watch it.  It will be the first meeting of these two teams that I know of.  Anderson County's Offense is their strength, but as I watched practice this week, I saw the defense fly around and bring a lot of energy.  I counted almost 90 players out for the Mavs Thursday night, so the depth shouldn't be an issue with a 6A DB team.  I know the Mavericks are looking forward to having a BIG crowd at the game, and they will be debuting their new Megatron.  I am told they have a 20 foot tall Longhorn being made for the top and that it will be piped with the smoke and led lighting system to light it up .  DB fans , take I75 north to exit 122, and exit left.  We will look forward to seeing you Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1