REGION 6~5A PROJECTIONS?

REBELFAN70

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, REBELFAN70 said:

I would assume Page is the favorite in this region, who do yall see making the top 4 and in the playoffs?

PAGE

NOLENSVILLE

FRANKLIN COUNTY

COLUMBIA

LINCOLN COUNTY

SPRING HILL

1) Page

2) Nolensville 

3-7 is up for grabs. 

Franklin Co - Can they take the next step under this coaching staff? Are they eligible to make playoffs after suspension for Shelbyville brawl?

Columbia - I would have given them the 3 spot before all the coaching turnover this month. Not sure what’s going on at Columbia. 

Lincoln Co - If Webb is playing, they can contend for the 2 spot. If not, they will be fighting to make the playoffs. 

Spring Hill - Adding coaches doesn’t overcome lack of talent. They almost lost to Richland last year. They will likely finish last. 

2 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

1) Page

2) Nolensville 

3-7 is up for grabs. 

Franklin Co - Can they take the next step under this coaching staff? Are they eligible to make playoffs after suspension for Shelbyville brawl?

Columbia - I would have given them the 3 spot before all the coaching turnover this month. Not sure what’s going on at Columbia. 

Lincoln Co - If Webb is playing, they can contend for the 2 spot. If not, they will be fighting to make the playoffs. 

Spring Hill - Adding coaches doesn’t overcome lack of talent. They almost lost to Richland last year. They will likely finish last. 

Franklin County and Shelbyville were both released from post season suspensions, FC added Tracy Hayworth this year as DL and Asst Head Coach   

5 minutes ago, REBELFAN70 said:

Franklin County and Shelbyville were both released from post season suspensions, FC added Tracy Hayworth this year as DL and Asst Head Coach   

Glad to hear that! What kind of season are y’all expecting?

20 minutes ago, REBELFAN70 said:

not real sure what to expect this year/ There is some good Junior talent on this team for sure, lost a few kids to Tullahoma but i am hopeful for a good season!

I feel like there are playoff spots available if y’all have a good team. There is a lot of unknown in this region after Page and Nolensville. 

And no, FC will not be able to take the next step with this staff. HC is a nice guy, but he was not ready to be a HC in 5A. There's other coaches on that staff that are capable and have proven records at the middle level. Hayworth will be an asset and I would hope would be under consideration for HC if this season is another 2-8. I understand some people wanting to wait for Cunningham to grow, but this isn't on-the-job training. Many of these talented players will not develop as they should with an inexperienced 5A coach. 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:28 AM, twoadays1234 said:

And no, FC will not be able to take the next step with this staff. HC is a nice guy, but he was not ready to be a HC in 5A. There's other coaches on that staff that are capable and have proven records at the middle level. Hayworth will be an asset and I would hope would be under consideration for HC if this season is another 2-8. I understand some people wanting to wait for Cunningham to grow, but this isn't on-the-job training. Many of these talented players will not develop as they should with an inexperienced 5A coach. 

I've heard several talented guys have left the program mostly juniors that could have been difference makers. Also heard the AD is stepping down. 

On 8/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, REBELFAN70 said:

AD is stepping down today, new AD is being announced~ don't know which Juniors left the program, the same core that were there last year are still there absent an offensive lineman who is at Tullahoma because parent teaches there now

At least 3 seniors and 6 juniors have left. All the seniors and 4 juniors had significant playing time/starts. 4 probable starting linemen, 2 probable starting athletes and 1 qb (who should've had way more playing time) in that group. 2 Terrible scrimmages so far with a jamboree Friday night against old rival Tullahoma. Doesn't sound promising, i guess we will see. If they go 2-8 again I'd say Cunningham is out.

11 minutes ago, gypsyroad said:

At least 3 seniors and 6 juniors have left. All the seniors and 4 juniors had significant playing time/starts. 4 probable starting linemen, 2 probable starting athletes and 1 qb (who should've had way more playing time) in that group. 2 Terrible scrimmages so far with a jamboree Friday night against old rival Tullahoma. Doesn't sound promising, i guess we will see. If they go 2-8 again I'd say Cunningham is out.

Where are these players going?