Memphis schools

vandyfan1

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Could do like the Philippines and lock the one's refusing the vac up. Or do like Russia and declare it a sin. I'm fairly sure the choice is about to be pretty much taken away.

It's coming for sure. European countries are implementing vaccine passports to be able to live your daily life. I don't agree with that, but it's possible that it will happen here.

15 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

It's coming for sure. European countries are implementing vaccine passports to be able to live your daily life. I don't agree with that, but it's possible that it will happen here.

Its coming and seems pretty quick.

15 minutes ago, pujo said:

Could do like the Philippines and lock the one's refusing the vac up. Or do like Russia and declare it a sin. I'm fairly sure the choice is about to be pretty much taken away.

Everyone can do what they want. I’m not arguing with anyone who doesn’t care about their fellow man. I did that in the beginning with people not taking any precautions and I saw what happened. Minds are not going to be changed. If anyone on here needs a freaking politician to tell them what to do about their health instead of a trusted physician, you are already headed in the wrong direction. Don’t go to the doctor when you are sick. When it’s too late, it’s too late. I for one want to see this season played for all the kids in this state. That goes for basketball and all the other sports. If you aren’t willing to do your part for these kids and communities you shouldn’t complain when Little Johnny don’t get to play their senior year. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Waker said:

Everyone can do what they want. I’m not arguing with anyone who doesn’t care about their fellow man. I did that in the beginning with people not taking any precautions and I saw what happened. Minds are not going to be changed. If anyone on here needs a freaking politician to tell them what to do about their health instead of a trusted physician, you are already headed in the wrong direction. Don’t go to the doctor when you are sick. When it’s too late, it’s too late. I for one want to see this season played for all the kids in this state. That goes for basketball and all the other sports. If you aren’t willing to do your part for these kids and communities you shouldn’t complain when Little Johnny don’t get to play their senior year. 

I fully understand your concern , we all want the same thing. Lots of people are skeptical and they evidently are not much afraid.  For the time being, its about personal choices. The people not getting these shots don't believe this is gonna kill them or their selves.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Injecting disinfectant 

Not the same thing as drinking bleach.  Especially UV . . . and it was in a discussion about theoretical and experimental methods which at the time so was the mRNA vaccines, antivirals and such.   A lot of it hinges on the general misuse of disinfectant etc. 

Edited by rlh

10 minutes ago, rlh said:

Not the same thing as drinking bleach.  Especially UV . . . and it was in a discussion about theoretical and experimental methods which at the time so was the mRNA vaccines. 

At least he was not selfish and  got his shot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Since when were you forced to get a flu shot? This so called vaccine has not been approved yet and no one knows what is going to happen to those taking it 3-5 years down the road. Not selfish to consider the future. If someone wants to take it that is there business, but you also have a choice not to risk your future for the unknown. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, rlh said:

Not the same thing as drinking bleach.  Especially UV . . . and it was in a discussion about theoretical and experimental methods which at the time so was the mRNA vaccines, antivirals and such.   A lot of it hinges on the general misuse of disinfectant etc. 

Never said drinking bleach. I said injecting bleach. I was wrong about bleach. He did say injecting disinfectant. 

Not sure theoretical or experimental injections of disinfectant would be at the top of the list for me. You do you though

5 minutes ago, ecu said:

Since when were you forced to get a flu shot? This so called vaccine has not been approved yet and no one knows what is going to happen to those taking it 3-5 years down the road. Not selfish to consider the future. If someone wants to take it that is there business, but you also have a choice not to risk your future for the unknown. 

Think they have this backwards anyway, its not being selfish to not take the shot. These people just don't trust it and don't feel the risk is worth it. Its actually more selfish to get it. These people are not doing it for their neighbors, they are doing it for themselves. No one thats not getting the shot is trying to stop the people that are, its the other way around. Think we all should have the right to make our own choice.