Region 2 6a 2nd place

5 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

I see that. Don't be surprised if Bradley beats murvil,  Jackson is good running back. 

It seems like every time a team is having a good season, someone comes out with the don’t be surprised if they beat maryville statements. I think Bradley has a pretty good team this year. I don’t think they are anywhere near beating maryville barring extenuating covid type situations. I think maryville puts the same 40 plus points on them as they do anyone else. I wouldn’t mind being wrong about this, because I think it could be fun for someone else to win region other than maryville again. 

18 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

It seems like every time a team is having a good season, someone comes out with the don’t be surprised if they beat maryville statements. I think Bradley has a pretty good team this year. I don’t think they are anywhere near beating maryville barring extenuating covid type situations. I think maryville puts the same 40 plus points on them as they do anyone else. I wouldn’t mind being wrong about this, because I think it could be fun for someone else to win region other than maryville again. 

BG mom, do you still frequent HVA games? If so, what is up over there? Only 3 touchdowns this season against opposing varsities? Is that true???

2 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

BG mom, do you still frequent HVA games? If so, what is up over there? Only 3 touchdowns this season against opposing varsities? Is that true???

Wrong. They have scored 42 points this year from TD's. 42/7= 6 TD's. Do you even watch the game?

20 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Not as much. My nephew  and some of my kids’ friends played there but they graduated in 2020 so 2019 was their last football season. My kids play at Farragut (I did have one son who played at HVA but he graduated in 2018) but we still know some families at HVA. 
I don’t really have an answer as to what’s going on. My two cents is just speculation, same as anyone else’s and it feels like when I ask around, it’s a different perspective depending on who you ask. I personally feel like there’s a culture issue regarding  football there, a certain apathy or frustration on the part of all the stakeholders. I feel like early on, with prior administrations, football wasn’t really made a priority and that’s kind of been an issue. Some families from there tell me that it’s really tough to get kids to come out for football and others say getting kids in the weight room or to take it seriously is a problem. Some want a coaching change.  Again , that’s all second hand and speculation tho. I definitely think it’s a bunch of factors and not one easy fix. 

Edited by Bluegreymom

Look at the coaching turnover from when HVA had some good seasons. I am not talking state championship caliber teams but teams that were competitive and went to the playoffs and had winning seasons. They knew how to run the football and play defense. They can't do either now. HC, former DC, OC, and many assistant coaches are gone from those teams and are on other coaching staffs now. It is hard to replace experienced coaches that have coached on competitive teams with young coaches that haven't had a big role on competitive successful teams. Just because you were a great or good player doesn't always transfer into being a great or good coach.

20 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Look at the coaching turnover from when HVA had some good seasons. I am not talking state championship caliber teams but teams that were competitive and went to the playoffs and had winning seasons. They knew how to run the football and play defense. They can't do either now. HC, former DC, OC, and many assistant coaches are gone from those teams and are on other coaching staffs now. It is hard to replace experienced coaches that have coached on competitive teams with young coaches that haven't had a big role on competitive successful teams. Just because you were a great or good player doesn't always transfer into being a great or good coach.

You seem upset again, BigTime! Never positive! Always dogging coaching! I don't understand it!