DII-A

Kublah

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

TKA & MTCS big game Friday. Kings looking strong after win over FC, but MTCS seems to be hitting their stride.

DCA finally drops one with the loss to Silverdale. Nashville Christian win against DA says volumes, they should have no problem with GCF.

USJ looks to be standing alone in the West after the win over JC

The NCS win is a good one. They should be the top ranked team in the division considering their opponents and record. They can run it and throw it. They have depth and the OL/DL have some enormous players.

DCAs loss to an undefeated Silverdale was good for them. The film is a great reminder for the players they just can’t show up and win by 40 pts. I’ve not seen a game with penalties, turnovers, and  just plain busts/missed assignments as that one. Three screen passes going for 150 yards and tds was surprising. DCA has great coaches so they will get it all worked out ASAP. C

USJ is the class of the West but based on the film I’ve seen they are a bit behind NCS and DCA. 

The east has TKA (maybe MTCS) in the lead and overall the region is down this year. The top two teams in the middle and west are just too much for those teams this season.

Its going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the 2nd half of the regular season. Lots of upset opportunities and the DCA vs NCS the last game of the season has a HUGE impact on the postseason playoff picture. 

16 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

MTCS comes up with a big win at TKA, takes the lead in the East. MTCS vs. FCS will determine #1 in the region most likely.

Big win for sure. Congrats! FCS is always solid on defense but the offense has talent too. That game will decide the number one and who likely gets to host JCS, NCS or DCA depending how the seeding is done. 

15 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Big win for sure. Congrats! FCS is always solid on defense but the offense has talent too. That game will decide the number one and who likely gets to host JCS, NCS or DCA depending how the seeding is done. 

Thanks! Number one will get a bye in first round. #2 plays #4 middle & #3 plays #3 west (I think).

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Thanks! Number one will get a bye in first round. #2 plays #4 middle & #3 plays #3 west (I think).

If they do it like the other sports one two will get a bye. Regardless, on of DCA/NCS/JCS will be the team MTCS faces if they get the #1. That’s a tough draw considering I believe NCS or DCA are the favorite for the gold ball. Their game at DCA now he last regular season game of the year will settle it all. Should be a huge crowd and great environment. 

Best of luck to you guys!!!

On 10/3/2021 at 4:18 PM, Playerscoach said:

If they do it like the other sports one two will get a bye. Regardless, on of DCA/NCS/JCS will be the team MTCS faces if they get the #1. That’s a tough draw considering I believe NCS or DCA are the favorite for the gold ball. Their game at DCA now he last regular season game of the year will settle it all. Should be a huge crowd and great environment. 

Best of luck to you guys!!!

Only the #1 gets a bye this year. #1 East has an easier road - #1 West & Middle have to face each other if they make it. Here is the link to the bracket:

Microsoft Word - Football 2021-22.docx (tssaa.org)

On 10/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

Only the #1 gets a bye this year. #1 East has an easier road - #1 West & Middle have to face each other if they make it. Here is the link to the bracket:

Microsoft Word - Football 2021-22.docx (tssaa.org)

The west #1’s and 2’s appear to be stronger than the east #1 IMO. At least the games between DCA and FCS/MTCS would be a decent barometer. NCS is loaded, USJ is excellent, and JCS appears to be solid too. So, IMO the East #1 based on the above doesn’t really have an easier path since they would possibly play DCA/JCS/NCS.