Summit @ Henry County Week 1

PatriotNation

6 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

All I will say right now is I have very strong opinions on this game and the outcome. I'm going to hold off for now...

I checked to see if #13 was back for Summit too, that influenced my view on this game as well...

Edited by Kevin38

It’s hard to take much away from preseason scrimmages. Everything is vanilla and much of the starting lineup is in flux. But based on what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think our defense is up to this task quite yet.

I don’t know who #13 is y’all are referring to, but if Summit comes in with a full clip, I have them as the early favorite here. 

8 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

It’s hard to take much away from preseason scrimmages. Everything is vanilla and much of the starting lineup is in flux. But based on what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think our defense is up to this task quite yet.

I don’t know who #13 is y’all are referring to, but if Summit comes in with a full clip, I have them as the early favorite here. 

13 is Brady Pierce. He is a stud WR. He just goes out and makes things happen. Heck of a ball player. 

9 hours ago, eers said:

This should be a close game, but right now I’m leaning toward Summit. Week 1 games are so difficult to have a real opinion on between two good teams. HC has three tough games in their first four. 

Yeah those 3 tough games will be against top level 6A teams.

22 hours ago, MSURacer said:

That was no ordinary Jamboree between Haywood County and Henry County. I thought it would be vanilla, but if you were there you know it wasn't. Those two teams went at it tooth and nail and both coaches opened the playbook up. Both teams played their starters the entire game. I think Henry County is strong for sure, but in my opinion they have some problems in the secondary against a throwing team. Once Haywood established the run, they went up top and their tall, athletic receivers won every battle for 50-50 balls. They are noticeably short and not very physical. Offensively, Damron was on point and is much improved over what I saw last two seasons and will only get better... but I did notice six drops which could have make a difference. Not worried about their offense at all, but defensively, they are going to struggle if they can't stop the run. Just an unbiased opinion. I am always pulling for HC when they don't play against us, so Good Luck!!!