Summit @ Henry County Week 1

PatriotNation

28 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

That was no ordinary Jamboree between Haywood County and Henry County. I thought it would be vanilla, but if you were there you know it wasn't. Those two teams went at it tooth and nail and both coaches opened the playbook up. Both teams played their starters the entire game. I think Henry County is strong for sure, but in my opinion they have some problems in the secondary against a throwing team. Once Haywood established the run, they went up top and their tall, athletic receivers won every battle for 50-50 balls. They are noticeably short and not very physical. Offensively, Damron was on point and is much improved over what I saw last two seasons and will only get better... but I did notice six drops which could have make a difference. Not worried about their offense at all, but defensively, they are going to struggle if they can't stop the run. Just an unbiased opinion. I am always pulling for HC when they don't play against us, so Good Luck!!!

Well I was talking about the whole preseason, not just the jamboree, but I generally agree with you here. 

It is worth noting that one of our best WR/DBs didn’t play in the jamboree. It's just one player, but he will likely play a big role in the secondary, especially early the in the season. 

Edited by MSURacer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Well I was talking about the whole preseason, not just the jamboree, but I generally agree with you here. 

It is worth noting that one of our best WR/DBs didn’t play in the jamboree. It's just one player, but he will likely play a big role in the secondary, especially early the in the season. 

Good deal! Like I said, I am a big fan of Henry County and Coach Counce.

• Upvote 1

I’m an outsider to this game, but I’m really excited it’s happening. This is what high school football should be. Strong programs being willing to schedule a good tough match up to start the year. This will be a great way for both of these teams to prepare for their tough region schedules ahead and eventually the playoffs.

I enjoyed watching this game in the semi finals last year from my couch and if I wasn’t going to be somewhere else Friday I’d love to be at this one. If Henry County has any of those key guys from last year coming back I see no reason they can’t compete and make this one interesting. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.  

On 8/15/2021 at 10:05 AM, MSURacer said:

Kid will be a huge part in our success on both sides of the ball. Just needs to get healthy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

I would imagine the field is good to go. Have they put the goal posts and scoreboard up yet?

Not to get ahead of ourselves just yet, we both have big games this week, but I always look forward to the HC game, especially when you’re coming to Shackle Island. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eers said:

Not to get ahead of ourselves just yet, we both have big games this week, but I always look forward to the HC game, especially when you’re coming to Shackle Island. 

Oh yeah no doubt it will be another great game. Two great teams that are very similar in their approach. Looking forward to that matchup. 

Just being a realist.
While I feel HC's offense will be better than last year, I have no reason not to think Summit's offense 
will be better than last year as they have the QB and WR back that both gave HC trouble last year. 
And this is not counting if the other Wade brother plays offense this time. 
I think HC will have trouble stopping them, (several teams may have trouble stopping them this year)

But who knows, that's why they play the game. Hope HC can put up the points to make it a shootout! (and they can)

That being said, I really like this years HC team. I think they will be a fun team to watch and can really make a deep playoff run. Hope the D will continue to get better.

Look forward to seeing the new field.

Go Big Red

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigRedRealist said:

Just being a realist.
While I feel HC's offense will be better than last year, I have no reason not to think Summit's offense 
will be better than last year as they have the QB and WR back that both gave HC trouble last year. 
And this is not counting if the other Wade brother plays offense this time. 
I think HC will have trouble stopping them, (several teams may have trouble stopping them this year)

But who knows, that's why they play the game. Hope HC can put up the points to make it a shootout! (and they can)

That being said, I really like this years HC team. I think they will be a fun team to watch and can really make a deep playoff run. Hope the D will continue to get better.

Look forward to seeing the new field.

Go Big Red

I'm right there with you. I believe this game is a really high scoring game. HC won't  be able to stop Summit but if we ever do get a stop and punt, we MUST capitalize on that. Would love to hear everybody's score predictions just to see where everyone is at with this game. I will start it off and as bad as I hate to say it I think Summit will be too much in this game. 

Summit - 42

Henry County - 35

2 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

I'm right there with you. I believe this game is a really high scoring game. HC won't  be able to stop Summit but if we ever do get a stop and punt, we MUST capitalize on that. Would love to hear everybody's score predictions just to see where everyone is at with this game. I will start it off and as bad as I hate to say it I think Summit will be too much in this game. 

Summit - 42

Henry County - 35

I don’t know enough about Summit’s defense to make a score prediction, but a high scoring shootout kind of game might be our best chance. 

10 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I don’t know enough about Summit’s defense to make a score prediction, but a high scoring shootout kind of game might be our best chance. 

Im not sure about their defense too much. Just know they have Keaten Wade on defense. Ryan Damron lit them boys up last year through the air throwing for over 300 yards. We just fell a little short because we couldn't stop them when we needed to. 

• Upvote 1