Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

4 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Just don't see it. Most of the people picking Peabody to win big also think Mckenzie can challenge Peabody. Well Westview pretty much had their way with McKenzie from what I heard. So something has to give somewhere. 

Are you talking about a mckenzie scrimmage ?  They lost 98% of their defense they had last year. 

40 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

They return 7 defensive starters so I'm not seeing how them losing "98%" of their defense is even possible. 

Cartman. I get everything you are saying. I basing my opinion on the Westview lines from the last 2 years LC played them. Westview beat us bad the second meeting but he was running for his life all night. By his standards he had a bad game. I keep stats for LC and he was 10 of 22 with a td pass and one rushing. He threw 2cpicks. LC defensive line was very young last year. A good d line will give him problems. He is a great qb but pressure can get to the best of them.

8 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Cartman. I get everything you are saying. I basing my opinion on the Westview lines from the last 2 years LC played them. Westview beat us bad the second meeting but he was running for his life all night. By his standards he had a bad game. I keep stats for LC and he was 10 of 22 with a td pass and one rushing. He threw 2cpicks. LC defensive line was very young last year. A good d line will give him problems. He is a great qb but pressure can get to the best of them.

I get what you're saying too don't get me wrong. But I have to take into account what they've done these past few weeks. They beat a Mckenzie team pretty good a team which i personally think will give Peabody everything they want. And they dismantled a Dresden team that I think is just a step behind LC 35-6 in 2 quarters. I still have Peabody winning as of now I just seriously doubt it will be by 21+. 

Long time Westview head coach Don Coady has returned as an assistant, so expect Westview's offensive line to be vastly improved. 

Simpson completed 16 of 17  passes to 8 DIFFERENT receivers for close to 300 yards and 5 touchdowns. I think he ran for another 70 yards and a TD..... I think yall are underestimating WV. They are going to be a handful. 

4 minutes ago, Rellim51 said:

Long time Westview head coach Don Coady has returned as an assistant, so expect Westview's offensive line to be vastly improved. 

Simpson completed 16 of 17  passes to 8 DIFFERENT receivers for close to 300 yards and 5 touchdowns. I think he ran for another 70 yards and a TD..... I think yall are underestimating WV. They are going to be a handful. 

Maybe so, but Dresden ain't exactly Peabody either. I'm 100% sure WV offensive line will be improved. Improved will not get the job done this week. 

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

That's according to what coach Comer sent Donavon Stewart.  VolnWTN is a knowledgeable guy but I'll take Comers word on this. 

We lost 7 starters on defense.  Boaz, Barnett, Christian, Allen, Latimer, Surber,  and Lyles. In addition, Caleb Gill isn't with us any longer.  So, yeah the defense has taken a hit.