Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

All the WV fans are hyping Facebook saying Peabody cheated. It was both sides just like last week that had calls. One of the best games I’ve seen by two great teams, but getting on social media and trying to downplay how good of a football team the other school is isn’t very classy 

We had so many missed holding calls and got called for multiple pass interference that wasn’t there as well as the worst horse collar I’ve seen! Just win or loose ! Refs suck all the time

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

We had so many missed holding calls and got called for multiple pass interference that wasn’t there as well as the worst horse collar I’ve seen! Just win or loose ! Refs suck all the time

Khalik almost had his helmet ripped off down on the goal line and they had that holding call called and you’re right. It is what it is. Westview in my opinion goes to Chattanooga, Simpson and his receivers have a great connection. Best passing attack I’ve seen since TCA with Kyle Akin a few years back 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, SuperFan14A said:

I'm taking Peabody by 14 plus. Westview's line isn't that good and Peabody has an All-Star coaching staff and players to match up with the WV receivers. The streak continues......

I stand corrected on the margin. Wow, what a game! Much better ball game than I expected. As bad as I hate to say this, the Tide got away with 3 holding penalties on the last drive on 3 straight plays and right in front of the white hat...much less good break with a clock stoppage that shouldn't have occurred. I'm proud for Peabody for continuing to roll and glad for the W, but WV actually played a lot better than I thought they could. My apologies to your Martin folks for saying that about your line. They actually did better than I thought they could. Great sportsmanship between both teams and that comes from great coaching.  I think both of these teams should do well in the playoffs.

Note: Whomever is in charge of officiating needs to be fired though. The ref was out of his league for this type of game. Peabody should roll until we see Dyersburg, but hopefully that White Hat will not be on the field. #atrociousofficiating #rollTideroll

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I stand corrected on the margin. Wow, what a game! Much better ball game than I expected. As bad as I hate to say this, the Tide got away with 3 holding penalties on the last drive on 3 straight plays and right in front of the white hat...much less good break with a clock stoppage that shouldn't have occurred. I'm proud for Peabody for continuing to roll and glad for the W, but WV actually played a lot better than I thought they could. My apologies to your Martin folks for saying that about your line. They actually did better than I thought they could. Great sportsmanship between both teams and that comes from great coaching.  I think both of these teams should do well in the playoffs.

Note: Whomever is in charge of officiating needs to be fired though. The ref was out of his league for this type of game. Peabody should roll until we see Dyersburg, but hopefully that White Hat will not be on the field. #atrociousofficiating #rollTideroll

Don’t forget the delay of game too on last drive along with all the free timeouts with clock stoppage 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

You can tell Don Coady is back on the sidelines for WV. Great addition for the chargers 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

From a "semi-neutral" party, Peabody caught more breaks than WV tonight. I'm on your side on who I wanted to win, but I'm keeping it real. A horse collar happens from the back, not the front or side and it wasn't a horse collar. We also got fortunate with a football that was "trapped" by the receiver on our side around the 25 yard line on the South end of the field. Officiating was horrible (both ways). They should send a "real" crew to these types of games. Certainly, they had people available with the other games cancelled. 

Oh well, on to the next one up. Let's get it! 

1 minute ago, SuperFan14A said:

From a "semi-neutral" party, Peabody caught more breaks than WV tonight. I'm on your side on who I wanted to win, but I'm keeping it real. A horse collar happens from the back, not the front or side and it wasn't a horse collar. We also got fortunate with a football that was "trapped" by the receiver on our side around the 25 yard line on the South end of the field. Officiating was horrible (both ways). They should send a "real" crew to these types of games. Certainly, they had people available with the other games cancelled. 

Oh well, on to the next one up. Let's get it! 

At least somebody admitted that play wasn’t a catch. You could see it easily on the live stream! Also what about the touchdown at the end that the referee was standing right beside and called the Westview player out of bounds when you could clearly see his foot drag prints in the end zone?!

Just now, Kiddmaximus said:

Same thing I said I’m glad my coach is back! Westview will be better from here on out! They should be feeling good about themselves even though they lost!

Absolutely. Refs were bad for both teams no doubt. Shameful you have a crew as bad as that was for this game. We played with grit, and WV did too. Good luck, I’m sure the Chargers will be fine. Too much offense with many weapons

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

At least somebody admitted that play wasn’t a catch. You could see it easily on the live stream! Also what about the touchdown at the end that the referee was standing right beside and called the Westview player out of bounds when you could clearly see his foot drag prints in the end zone?!

I’ll go out and say I knew what type of crew we had for the game when they left all that confetti shot out before the game on the field...