Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

My synopsis…not that anyone cares

Simpson has improved year after year and has gotten much faster! Kid is the real deal buddy! Makes great reads 
Westview is now my favorite to WIN 2A

Westview has huge linemen and rotate many. Receivers are the best Simpson has ever had to throw to! Hold your heads high! I think you guys are in for a special run!

Peabody never panicked and that’s the key to this win! A poor decision by a punt returner nearly changed the outcome of the game…sorry not picking on the kid! Peabody is not playing it’s best ball and competition has a lot to do with that! Kee makes a great read and cuts a route in the 4th…another huge play. If their line improves they are my favorite to win 1A…and I have much respect for Fayetteville 

Officiating was so so… but they didn’t cost anyone the game! There’s always questionable calls both ways but this game was not determined by officiating…sorry 

Awesome atmosphere tonight! It was loud fans were into it! Have to say one of the best games I’ve ever seen…and I nearly went to Dyersburg! I’d be pissed

Respect to both teams that was a war

Edited by shockernation
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Don’t forget the delay of game too on last drive along with all the free timeouts with clock stoppage 

I didn't like the penalty when your receiver gave the 1st down sign after a catch either in the 1st quarter. He didn't stand over our player or taunt him. He just gave a first down sign. That was a bush league call and I saw one of our guys do it in the 4th. Great game and y'all have a good team. Good luck to y'all and hope you represent down the road. Appreciate both teams sportsmanship and respect for each other. Win or lose, that's how it should be. 

5 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

At least somebody admitted that play wasn’t a catch. You could see it easily on the live stream! Also what about the touchdown at the end that the referee was standing right beside and called the Westview player out of bounds when you could clearly see his foot drag prints in the end zone?!

It wasn't a catch, but the WR sold it good. I saw the trap because I was on the fence at ground level over there and could see the ball on the ground underneath him. The official on the play at the catch location didn't make the call, it was the back judge about 20 yards away who ruled in a catch. I could not see from my vantage point about the WVs player's foot being down or not from where I was at. I don't know what the penalty distribution was for each team, but we had a lot fewer called on us. Good game and good luck the rest of the way. I hate to see games dictated by officials, but it happens. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I didn't like the penalty when your receiver gave the 1st down sign after a catch either in the 1st quarter. He didn't stand over our player or taunt him. He just gave a first down sign. That was a bush league call and I saw one of our guys do it in the 4th. Great game and y'all have a good team. Good luck to y'all and hope you represent down the road. Appreciate both teams sportsmanship and respect for each other. Win or lose, that's how it should be. 

I agree with that as well! That was a weak call. Never seen anyone make the 1st down signal as a player and get a flag!!

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

I agree with that as well! That was a weak call. Never seen anyone make the 1st down signal as a player and get a flag!!

Very possible it’s what was said ! There’s always more to those calls ! We could complain all night about refs we had two clean pass defends called as interference that wasn’t , if we had lost I’d say the same ! Being a champ isn’t blowouts it gut check with one minute left and you drive the field to beat a really good ball team !!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Very possible it’s what was said ! There’s always more to those calls ! We could complain all night about refs we had two clean pass defends called as interference that wasn’t , if we had lost I’d say the same ! Being a champ isn’t blowouts it gut check with one minute left and you drive the field to beat a really good ball team !!! 

It was good to see how formidable both teams are and the level of admiration shown on both teams towards each other was very nice to see. Good game good crowd good people from both cities!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I think LC and GC both have Covid. Let’s just run it back next week 

• Like 3