Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I would pay that ticket price x10

If this was a playoff game it would shatter the school attendance record and could make an argument for state record. This is an old rivalry game, dating back to the early 70’s. Westview kicked it to us pretty good in the early to mid 2000’s. Best WV matchup we had in the 2000’s  was in the playoffs in 2007 I believe it was first round and ended 28-26. Hope to see this game stay on the schedule 

Edited by Goldenpride
  • Like 2

Simpson finished with 391 total yards…231 yards passing and 160 yards on the ground. That boy can flat out play! That ball shot out of his hands like a rocket. #12 receiver Anderson is also a heck of an athlete! He finished with 8 catches for 162 yards tonight!! Westview missed senior #7 Nicholson tonight in the backfield. It made #2 Goins do some things he isn’t used to having to do on some plays. I thought Westview’s defense started out a little shaky but then started to buckle down as well! I don’t feel like the lines on either side got dominated either like everyone was on here predicting. I’m down for round 2 next weekend on the UTM home turf!

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Whatever East tn gets to meet westview they are in trouble 

Where did that lineback #35 for WV come from? That cat was all over the field tonight. He must've had 14-17 tackles. He'd look good in black & gold! One stretch, it looked like he had like 6 tackles alone. Everywhere on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

If this was a playoff game it would shatter the school attendance record and could make an argument for state record. This is an old rivalry game, with many hard fought battles in the past and tonight added another classic between the Westview and Tide rivalry

Standing room only and even that was packed tight along the fence! I would love to know the exact number in attendance 

2 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Where did that lineback #35 for WV come from? That cat was all over the field tonight. He must've had 14-17 tackles. He'd look good in black & gold! One stretch, it looked like he had like 6 tackles alone. Everywhere on the field. 

That’s Hayden Smith…he’s a junior and a head hunter. Heck of a defender! His daddy owns the Sideline physical therapy place in Martin so doubt he will bleed anything but blue and gold lol!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

Standing room only and even that was packed tight along the fence! I would love to know the exact number in attendance 

I would too. Definitely a playoff atmosphere. This game helped us no doubt, but I believe this game woke up what was gonna be a well oiled machine. I think WV represents 2A in the west, but that’s my opinion. Many of good football to be played 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I would too. Definitely a playoff atmosphere. This game helped us no doubt, but I believe this game woke up what was gonna be a well oiled machine. I think WV represents 2A in the west, but that’s my opinion. Many of good football to be played 

I heard 2,500 on radio but not sure that was official or just an estimate

23 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Very possible it’s what was said ! There’s always more to those calls ! We could complain all night about refs we had two clean pass defends called as interference that wasn’t , if we had lost I’d say the same ! Being a champ isn’t blowouts it gut check with one minute left and you drive the field to beat a really good ball team !!! 

Let’s play again in Martin next weekend! We got a bigger stadium so a bigger crowd room! We got some nice restaurants and a festival coming to town soon! We’d love to see y’all again best game of the season thus far!!

1 minute ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Let’s play again in Martin next weekend! We got a bigger stadium so a bigger crowd room! We got some nice restaurants and a festival coming to town soon! We’d love to see y’all again best game of the season thus far!!

A 3rd round game at UTM (just in thought) since you’d have teams going home early and bounced would draw a huge number in that stadium