Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

21 hours ago, Waker said:

He was held back. His younger brother was also. Talked with a group of Westview parents who said their parents were trying to get all of them to hold their kids back but they werent having it. Westview has some talent coming up through their youth and Middle school programs.
I like that people keep saying that Huntingdon lacks speed. Are they slower than Dallas Willis and Ensley, yes. But to have 5 or 6 TD runs of over 65 yards in 2 games don’t happen if you are slow.

I know South Side don’t have Simpson but Huntingdon picked 5 ints Friday night. S Side had to throw the ball because they couldn’t  run against Huntingdon defense. Huntingdon had 3 big starters out Friday night and the ones that stepped up did great. A freshman with 2 picks and another freshman with a long punishing TD.
Mckenzies Marquez Taylor and their other back is going to make most team’s defensive look really bad this season. That goes for Peabody too. Don’t forget, he is also being recruited pretty hard.

We slowed him down twice last year. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 10:12 AM, WarEagleCartman said:

I've seen Peabody but not Westview. I did see Dresden however and they're a good football team. And Westview blew the doors off of Dresden. Peabody could win this game by 3 scores like some are saying but I just don't see it. Westview could be the closest offense we've seen to  CAK since High graduated and Bradley left. They will have dozens of 2 play scoring drives before the season is over with. Peabody has some excellent dbs but there's no defense for a perfect throw and Simpson makes perfect throws. Right now I see Peabody winning something like 48-42. I'll have a better idea of I can get ahold of some Westview-Dresden film 

This guy is good