Cornersville @ Forrest

dawgswin

This Forrest team wasn't competitive against Moore Co last year. They blew a 14-0 lead against Portland. They had 5 points at half last year against Community. They had 162 yards of total offense against Cascade.  They are not a good team. And as @Salem has pointed out, 2 players that COULD have been in blue, one is at Summit and the other will be on the Cornersville sidelines.  

It's amazing how Johns was criticized for his 2017 team, which played BGA. Fayetteville, Watertown, and Columbia Academy, all four teams light years better than anyone on Forrest's schedule last year or this year, yet Eli gets a pass for some of the worst games, quarters, drives, and decisions in Rocket history.  Eli got the credit for 2019 with John's kids. 

There is no reason to expect anything other than a Cornersville beatdown tonight. 

13 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

then you havent followed this program under Eli, minus Johns' kids running the table in 2019 and having Eli STILL almost frig that up against Summertown and Lewis Co. 

I will say this then, being it looks like a coaching issue, that I am really sorry that these kids have to play for a coach that can't get them excited or put them in the best position to win ballgames.  I feel that each and every kid that plays some type of sport should have a coach that is caring enough, strong mentally to enough to help these kids out.  Just my honest opinion.  

11 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

I will say this then, being it looks like a coaching issue, that I am really sorry that these kids have to play for a coach that can't get them excited or put them in the best position to win ballgames.  I feel that each and every kid that plays some type of sport should have a coach that is caring enough, strong mentally to enough to help these kids out.  Just my honest opinion.  

he has ran off so many kids and others wanted to join and were told it is too late. there is nothing he does well. nothing. 

Forrest (7-0) vs Cornersville  (0-7)

2014    49-14 

2013   45-7

2012   28-26

2011   51-40

2010   31-22

2009   25-6

2004   40-14 

Above is the series recap for the 21st century. I guarantee Forrest will not score 38.4 points tonight which is what they averaged over these 7 games. 

In my opinion Macon County is a 4A version of Cornersville. Big physical lineman and backs. They run a lot of the same sets. MC has more of a passing game and had more depth. Forrest played very well in that scrimmage on both sides of the ball. MC won 21-7 after three 10 play drives but Forrest was inside the 10 yard line at the end of the two drives they did not score on.  MC had two touchdowns on a long pass and a long misdirection run. Offense was balanced and the QB was effective. This performance gives me hope the Rockets can pull out a 21-13 type game. 

Based on the Rockets' last two regular season games I am not as optimistic. A 7-0 loss to Lewis County and a ugly 14-0 win against a depleted Eagleville team has me worried. Those two offenses struggled to pick up first downs. If that offense shows up tonight we will get shut out and beat 28-0. Let's hope for the first scenario.

Field looks great. Weather is good. Safe travels to all. 

Edited by Salem

12 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest (7-0) vs Cornersville  (0-7)

2014    49-14 

2013   45-7

2012   28-26

2011   51-40

2010   31-22

2009   25-6

2004   40-14 

Above is the series recap for the 21st century. I guarantee Forrest will not score 38.4 points tonight which is what they averaged over these 7 games. 

In my opinion Macon County is a 4A version of Cornersville. Big physical lineman and backs. They run a lot of the same sets. MC has more of a passing game and had more depth. Forrest played very well in that scrimmage on both sides of the ball. MC won 21-7 after three 10 play drives but Forrest was inside the 10 yard line at the end of the two drives they did not score on.  MC had two touchdowns on a long pass and a long misdirection run. Offense was balanced and the QB was effective. This performance gives me hope the Rockets can pull out a 21-13 type game. 

Based on the Rockets' last two regular season games I am not as optimistic. A 7-0 loss to Lewis County and a ugly 14-0 win against a depleted Eagleville team has me worried. Those two offenses struggled to pick up first downs. If that offense shows up tonight we will get shut out and beat 28-0. Let's hope for the first scenario.

Field looks great. Weather is good. Safe travels to all. 

Good stuff as usual from you.