D2 AAA

plato

CBHS leads by nine over Briarcrest. The NFHS feed of the game looks like it's operating on a one-hour delay when it actually works. It might actually be intentionally delayed, but with NFHS it can be tough to tell.

How is it that Ensworth's student broadcasts were consistently better than the bulk of what I saw on NFHS this year?

FINAL: Christian Brothers 35, Briarcrest 33

This is good news for MBA fans, as Montgomery Bell Academy will be at home in the semifinal round as a result of Briarcrest's loss.

Semifinals
E3 Pope Prep at E1 McCallie
W5 Christian Brothers at E2 MBA

McCallie beat Pope Prep 58-27 late last month in Hendersonville. CBHS and MBA didn't meet in the regular season, though last season MBA won 25-24 at CBHS.

13 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Dude, every school pays the same amount to the TSSAA. Private gate money ain't no different in playoffs than a county school. Facts.

D2 doesn't pack 'em in for the finals either. You act like TSSAA just charges private schools more to play. Doesn't work that way.

Also, the broadcast problem is an NFHS problem not TSSAA.

You have made the wrong assumption with regards to me!  My thoughts are that if the TSSAA really doesn’t want the D2 schools other than taking their money it’s past time for the D2 schools to leave the TSSAA and form their own association.  Now my deep thoughts are that the TSSAA and the Board of Control are made up of people that are trained educators that have little if any business experience.  Who in their right mind would put someone in charge of operating a multi million dollar business with absolutely zero business experience.  That my friend is nothing more than a train wreck waiting to happen.  

4 hours ago, cbg said:

You have made the wrong assumption with regards to me!  My thoughts are that if the TSSAA really doesn’t want the D2 schools other than taking their money it’s past time for the D2 schools to leave the TSSAA and form their own association.  Now my deep thoughts are that the TSSAA and the Board of Control are made up of people that are trained educators that have little if any business experience.  Who in their right mind would put someone in charge of operating a multi million dollar business with absolutely zero business experience.  That my friend is nothing more than a train wreck waiting to happen.  

I am sure you understand that the NFHS will only recognize one governing board per state which means if the D2 schools went out on their own they would literally be on an island unto themselves. In other words only playing each other and no records being set if that were possible.

What's next for these programs: 

Brentwood Academy- was this considered a rebuilding year?

Baylor- Is Massey on his way out? 

Father Ryan- are they ready to take the next step?

MUS- Are they no longer the toast of Memphis?

Briarcrest- can they take the next step or are they just a basketball school?

On 11/12/2021 at 10:08 PM, LouPickney said:

FINAL: Christian Brothers 35, Briarcrest 33

This is good news for MBA fans, as Montgomery Bell Academy will be at home in the semifinal round as a result of Briarcrest's loss.

Semifinals
E3 Pope Prep at E1 McCallie
W5 Christian Brothers at E2 MBA

McCallie beat Pope Prep 58-27 late last month in Hendersonville. CBHS and MBA didn't meet in the regular season, though last season MBA won 25-24 at CBHS.

I think MBA-CBHS will be close with MBA winning.  McCallie beats Pope however Pope makes it more respectable. 

For anyone looking for tonight's II-AAA semifinal games...

Pope Prep at McCallie (6p CST) will be on LocalLive, though you need to register with a free account to watch McCallie's games. Note the 7p Eastern start time.

LocalLive: https://events.locallive.tv/events/65684

As for Christian Brothers at MBA (7p CST), per Montgomery Bell Academy's website:
"Due to an exclusive agreement between the TSSAA and the NFHS Network, MBA is not permitted to livestream video of the Division II AAA Football Playoff Game vs. Christian Brothers on Friday, November 19, 2021."

NFHS ($10.99/month subscription required): https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/tssaa/gamed0f917d66
MBA radio version: https://www.hippieradio945.com/

Ch. 30 TV in Nashville has the Pearl Cohn/Tullahoma game tonight.