D2 AAA

plato

His family in the crowd said he had the wind knocked out of him really really badly and couldn't breathe.  Scary for sure but nothing head or neck related.  Taking him on the stretcher was precautionary according to his stepdad.

Anyways, hats off to Potter and McCallie.  Thorough beatdown in every respect.  Just completely dominated both lines of scrimmage.  MBA has been blown out twice now by McCallie in 2 separate BCBs.  Going to have to be a different approach to get over that hump.

12 minutes ago, plato said:

On a separate but seemingly related topic, what is the feel in and around Nashville about Lipscomb Academy and CPA getting those players that normally would be going to BA, MBA, and Ensworth? 

Is there anything to this? 

there is probably something to it.  At the MBA-CPA game, I was talking to some CPA people about the CPA-BA game and they pointed out how many BA alumni's kids there were on the CPA team.  LA is just getting started so will be interesting to see how that plays out.  I would suspect Ensworth feels it the most.

3 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

there is probably something to it.  At the MBA-CPA game, I was talking to some CPA people about the CPA-BA game and they pointed out how many BA alumni's kids there were on the CPA team.  LA is just getting started so will be interesting to see how that plays out.  I would suspect Ensworth feels it the most.

it's probably cyclical to a degree but kids follow the success and energy and LA has a lot of it right now.  I have had kids there for 6 years and things feel drastically different with lots of energy around the school.  it also stinks a bit for kids who thought this was going to be their time after waiting for years and I hate that for them.

50 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

it's probably cyclical to a degree but kids follow the success and energy and LA has a lot of it right now.  I have had kids there for 6 years and things feel drastically different with lots of energy around the school.  it also stinks a bit for kids who thought this was going to be their time after waiting for years and I hate that for them.

agreed....I read the QB's comments in the paper this morning, and I suspect QBs from far and wide will want to come play for him.  No one else in Middle TN really has anything to offer that level of QB coaching.

5 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

If Ricky Bowers ever decided to become the football coach at Ensworth again you would see Ensworth rise to the top.  Ricky is just that dynamic and he has the economic resources behind him.  The issue is that at the present time Ricky is occupied with much more important and pressing issues that demands most all of his focus. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

agreed....I read the QB's comments in the paper this morning, and I suspect QBs from far and wide will want to come play for him.  No one else in Middle TN really has anything to offer that level of QB coaching.

How does Ingle not have a great deal to offer QBS? Played with Favre, Rodgers, and for Spurrier. Seems that’s pretty good to me?

16 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

How does Ingle not have a great deal to offer QBS? Played with Favre, Rodgers, and for Spurrier. Seems that’s pretty good to me?

I am sure he does but they run an offense where the QB can be the leading rusher and might play defense.  that probably appeals to well rounded, athletic kids but maybe not so much for the ones who want to focus on being a QB in college.  case in point, cade law is playing baseball in college I think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

I am sure he does but they run an offense where the QB can be the leading rusher and might play defense.  that probably appeals to well rounded, athletic kids but maybe not so much for the ones who want to focus on being a QB in college.  case in point, cade law is playing baseball in college I think.

Valid points.  Jonathan Quinn at DA is a very good QB coach - and HC for that matter.  I think right now LA and Trent are hot commodities and are attracting families outside of Nashville, which does not bother me. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 6:15 AM, plato said:

This was a dominating performance from McCallie. They seemed to have Reed off his rhythm for the entirety of the game. It's hard to win one gold bowl, but to do win 3 in a row is most impressive. 

Anyone know the reaction from MBA? 

Nothing broken, severe concussion.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:59 AM, Playerscoach said:

Ingle has a lot to offer to any young QB who wants to develop his skill.  My impression watching CPA over the years--the school is pretty content to build its program through the kids who show up on campus as middle schoolers.  Could be wrong about that...seems like the kids I know on this CPA team by and large have all been there since 1st grade.  But if a young QB is out shopping around, and CPA wants to accept him, Ingle would be an excellent QB coach for that kid.