D2 AAA

plato

21 minutes ago, GdaddyFan said:

I write this with respect for your school in the absolute center of my motivation. Y'all need to STOP this narrative immediately. I don't think anyone of the dozens of CPA people out there blasting this everywhere have any awareness of how it is coming across. What is being communicated over and over is "We may be losing to Lipscomb now but at least we didn't let all those rough kids in." Your coach gave an interview in Main Street Preps where he actually said it is concerning to him how many kids are on financial aid because academics should come first. Ummm what? Yes, because everyone clearly knows you can't let in kids who can't afford private school AND keep your academic standard up. Do you hear how that sounds? Read the article, the other area coaches were like, No, thank you I don't care to comment on that.  Don't get me wrong. I think your coach is a good guy. But he attended MBA and works at CPA. Not exactly an expert in the underprivileged.  I think CPA's rage over being upended is seriously clouding their ability to see the bigger picture here. The only comeback they have is our guys are "homegrown." Let's not mince words. Our guys are white and wealthy is what you are saying. The world changes and football changes with it. Recruiting and scholarshipping in Div 2 is perfectly legal and NOT a talking point about how unfair it is you lose now. Not that you were specifically saying it was unfair but I can show you lots and lots of social media posts that use it as a total excuse. And to the poster's point above, Lipscomb probably doesn't have to spend much time recruiting when you have something attractive that is getting press. Do you honestly think all those "Homegrown" guys would have come to CPA in the first place years ago if you didn't have a winning reputation.  Like I said, I honestly just want y'all to get off this narrative before it destroys you. Trent Dilfer's interview after the Friday Night Rival game aired on MyTV 30 was the first time I noticed it but it is everywhere I look now. The game had opened with the commentators listing what both teams claimed their strength to be. CPA listed "homegrown" as their strength. He then gave a victory interview talking about how beautifully the Lipscomb student body has embraced diversity and talked out their differences and how that is going to serve them in life when football is over. I was cringing for y'all. This narrative is a disaster and I don't want to see it bring down a program that has had a lot going for it. 

Uhhhhh, what???

2 hours ago, GdaddyFan said:

I write this with respect for your school in the absolute center of my motivation. Y'all need to STOP this narrative immediately. I don't think anyone of the dozens of CPA people out there blasting this everywhere have any awareness of how it is coming across. What is being communicated over and over is "We may be losing to Lipscomb now but at least we didn't let all those rough kids in." Your coach gave an interview in Main Street Preps where he actually said it is concerning to him how many kids are on financial aid because academics should come first. Ummm what? Yes, because everyone clearly knows you can't let in kids who can't afford private school AND keep your academic standard up. Do you hear how that sounds? Read the article, the other area coaches were like, No, thank you I don't care to comment on that.  Don't get me wrong. I think your coach is a good guy. But he attended MBA and works at CPA. Not exactly an expert in the underprivileged.  I think CPA's rage over being upended is seriously clouding their ability to see the bigger picture here. The only comeback they have is our guys are "homegrown." Let's not mince words. Our guys are white and wealthy is what you are saying. The world changes and football changes with it. Recruiting and scholarshipping in Div 2 is perfectly legal and NOT a talking point about how unfair it is you lose now. Not that you were specifically saying it was unfair but I can show you lots and lots of social media posts that use it as a total excuse. And to the poster's point above, Lipscomb probably doesn't have to spend much time recruiting when you have something attractive that is getting press. Do you honestly think all those "Homegrown" guys would have come to CPA in the first place years ago if you didn't have a winning reputation.  Like I said, I honestly just want y'all to get off this narrative before it destroys you. Trent Dilfer's interview after the Friday Night Rival game aired on MyTV 30 was the first time I noticed it but it is everywhere I look now. The game had opened with the commentators listing what both teams claimed their strength to be. CPA listed "homegrown" as their strength. He then gave a victory interview talking about how beautifully the Lipscomb student body has embraced diversity and talked out their differences and how that is going to serve them in life when football is over. I was cringing for y'all. This narrative is a disaster and I don't want to see it bring down a program that has had a lot going for it. 

My response is not a narrative. I’m nobody and was just responding to Navy. The jest of my response is that I can remember when we were in division I and had to hear weekly that we recruit when the majority of the players had been in CPA prior to recruiting years.

I also indicated that only 10 new kids or so get into the high school a year because of capacity. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JRB said:

PP- I saw an announcement yesterday that McIntyre stopped down at FRHS.  Is this a good thing for FRHS football and athletics - or indifferent?

It totally depends on who is named the next President of Father Ryan High School!  There already appears to be two distinctively different camps/opinions as to what type of President the school needs.  The new money upper middle class faction would like a lay person that continues on much the same path as Jim McIntyre and the current Board of Trust.  The "old money" or Elliston Place Father Ryan contingent would like to see a Roman Catholic Priest placed back in charge of operating the school where any Catholic student that wants to attend Father Ryan is given the opportunity  regardless of their ability to pay the tuition.  This "old school" group would also like to see much more emphasis placed on having championship athletic teams and the school being very similar to the way that it was in the 1960's-1990's.  

What Nashville and Middle Tennessee really needs is an ALL BOYS catholic school.  

Edited by cbg

2 hours ago, cbg said:

It totally depends on who is named the next President of Father Ryan High School!  There already appears to be two distinctively different camps/opinions as to what type of President the school needs.  The new money upper middle class faction would like a lay person that continues on much the same path as Jim McIntyre and the current Board of Trust.  The "old money" or Elliston Place Father Ryan contingent would like to see a Roman Catholic Priest placed back in charge of operating the school where any Catholic student that wants to attend Father Ryan is given the opportunity  regardless of their ability to pay the tuition.  This "old school" group would also like to see much more emphasis placed on having championship athletic teams and the school being very similar to the way that it was in the 1960's-1990's.  

What Nashville and Middle Tennessee really needs is an ALL BOYS catholic school.  

Who makes the decision on the new headmaster, the BOT or Diocese? 

And why do you feel an all boys school is needed?

Edited by JRB
vv

19 hours ago, JRB said:

Who makes the decision on the new headmaster, the BOT or Diocese? 

And why do you feel an all boys school is needed?

The decision will be made with input from both the Board of Trust and the Diocese.  

Most major cities have a minimum of one Catholic all boys school and having one in Nashville would fill a void as parents have been asking for one since Father Ryan went coed.  Nashville has a Catholic girls school in St. Cecilia. 

Edited by cbg