Oakland vs South Pittsburg (Jones Man vs that Creasy Man)

OldTownRoad

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Better question to ask is why did Oakland have to schedule this game? Oakland deserves 10 games just like everyone else. If it wasnt for Beacon Hill and SP, Oakland would be playing 8 games. If you want to point the finger at someone, do so at the privates and the big schools that would rather pad their record than challenge themselves

Agree

Better question to ask is why did Oakland have to schedule this game? Oakland deserves 10 games just like everyone else. If it wasnt for Beacon Hill and SP, Oakland would be playing 8 games. If you want to point the finger at someone, do so at the privates and the big schools that would rather pad their record than challenge themselves

Valid points I suppose. At Cleveland in the late 80’s and early 90’s we played more 9 game schedules than we did 10. Oh, one of the then lowly Hamilton Co. teams would have played us, just to get the gate, but Coach Monroe would rather have the extra week off. Our great 1993 team would’ve only played 9 if Dickson Co., then just a few years removed from a state title, hadn’t come through at the last minute. 

It's true. Anytime you even suggest a big game or out of state game for most of the "blue bloods" their response will be "Why doesn't your school play em"

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

Valid points I suppose. At Cleveland in the late 80’s and early 90’s we played more 9 game schedules than we did 10. Oh, one of the then lowly Hamilton Co. teams would have played us, just to get the gate, but Coach Monroe would rather have the extra week off. Our great 1993 team would’ve only played 9 if Dickson Co., then just a few years removed from a state title, hadn’t come through at the last minute. 

Extra week would be nice, but I'd rather have the 10 games to keep the team focused. Rest won't be an issue for Oakland since they'll be playing most games with a running clock

8 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I agree. SP will hang tough 

Man with all due respect to the pirates, they are a great small 1a program and I feel like Jones will take them places.  This game will be as bad as creasy wants it to be.  This game matches one of the best 1a programs to the best program in Tennessee regardless of class, including private schools.  This is a team that mercy ruled Maryville last year.  I just hope no pirates get dinged up for the playoffs.  

• Upvote 2