AP Poll - Class 3A

CHARGERFAN

On 8/24/2021 at 10:56 AM, wneely said:

Solid little debut for Giles County, with a huge matchup versus Nolensville looming.

Bobcats looked pretty tough last night against a tough Nolensville team pulling out the win in last 2min .Solid team that should go far this year ! On to some region play now ! Go Bobcats !

18 hours ago, bolddust281 said:

Any poll that doesn't have Squatch co in it's top 5 is about as trash as an upperman resident. Squatch rolls through pretty much every team on this list #3-10

This sounds like a top 10 list my step son Larry would've come up with- and that ain't sayin much.

You on some bold dust? Is that what they're calling it these days?

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

I see Giles County playing Alcoa in the State Semifinals on Thanksgiving Weekend.

When GC won the state all those years ago, they did so in 4A I believe. Since everyone knows 3A runs through Alcoa and Covington, why did GC decide to play in 3A instead of 4A? I understand the classification but Alcoa would win 3,5 and probably 5A.

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

When GC won the state all those years ago, they did so in 4A I believe. Since everyone knows 3A runs through Alcoa and Covington, why did GC decide to play in 3A instead of 4A? I understand the classification but Alcoa would win 3,5 and probably 5A.

There last title was in 2009 when Bo Wallace was their QB against Greeneville (who was 11-4 that year and a good team but nothing like the other Greeneville teams that have been there now) who had just made their first state championship appearance winning 21-14.  Top to bottom 4a is better than 3a so making it to the state championship game is easier in 3a especially coming out of the west.  GC played in 4a after that and actually faced Greeneville in the Semi’s in 2011 and have them the best game of the playoffs but wasn’t a close game.  

3 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

We’ve been 3A for the last 4 years , we be just been playing in the west battling the likes of Pearl Cohn in  the tough Region 5 … and yes everyone knows Alcoa is the big dogs in 3A … we just taking it one game at a time and hoping for a chance to play them . Go Bobcats !