DII-AA (where is Booger?)

BreadTruck28

Well... What do we have this year?

In the East, looks like Boyd Buchanan is back in business after week one. CAK? I know Kings is a small school.  Webb? Grace?

In the West, Lausanne has another really good back I hear? ECS?

In the Middle... How many points will LA put on Indy tonight because Dilfer thinks the AP rankings matter? How many people will BGA, DA, and Goodpasture surprise this year? CPA has another crazy tough schedule this year which hopefully will be fun to watch unfold.

Good luck to all and prayers that we’ll have as normal of a season that we can. 

19 hours ago, 3DayWknd said:

Is going to speak up about the Dilfer video trending right now?  There is no situation where it’s ok to put your hands on a student.  

The conversation would have some posters beating their chests saying it was a good thing and the fact people think he went too far show how “soft” we have become... others would say you should see how their HS coach treated them... others would say if it were their child, they would have done the same to Dilfer afterward... and others would say he should be fired... 

I’m sure he regrets what happened. He has apologized. I can’t decide if this viral video hurts or helps his recruiting...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

The conversation would have some posters beating their chests saying it was a good thing and the fact people think he went too far show how “soft” we have become... others would say you should see how their HS coach treated them... others would say if it were their child, they would have done the same to Dilfer afterward... and others would say he should be fired... 

I’m sure he regrets what happened. He has apologized. I can’t decide if this viral video hurts or helps his recruiting...

There is no way Dilfer actually wrote that apology. That was 100% damage control by someone within the Lipscomb walls.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The real question is how long does Trent Dilfer continue to coach at DL.  I was hearing the snide comments as early as this time last season about how certain kids were not getting playing time and they had paid full tuition.  That most of the playing time was going to kids that were receiving financial aid.  

I think Dilfer will stay put for a few years.  The rest of your comment is spot on for most private schools.  "Little Timmy" comes from a family that has been in the school for years or family donates.  At that point, talent evaluation goes out the window and is replaced by school contribution.  It is sad but true, just like it is the truth that Timmy wouldn't get playing time if he was anyone else.

8 hours ago, cbg said:

The real question is how long does Trent Dilfer continue to coach at DL.  I was hearing the snide comments as early as this time last season about how certain kids were not getting playing time and they had paid full tuition.  That most of the playing time was going to kids that were receiving financial aid.  

Certainly nothing new as I have heard that from friends that had kids at BA, BGA, etc for years.  It's that fine line of wanting to win as long as "the talent" does not take my child's spot.

Edited by JRB
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/31/2021 at 11:07 AM, cbg said:

LOL - that’s pretty much the way it is at most good private football powerhouses… 

• Like 1