Springfield High Yellow vs Clarksville Northeast Eagles

6 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

He was pressured on that play, other than that one pass he was pretty much on target. I can clearly tell we have a different play caller this year. I, like you guys want to see more down field throws. I also want to see more of quick throws to the WRs to set things up better...

The quick slant was there all night. He did throw on ball in the dirt to an open wr. the int the wr pulled off is route, still should not have thrown it. He has tremendous arm strength and it just a matter of time when we start taking deep shots. You guys also have to remember his favorite target still on the sideline.

29 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

The quick slant was there all night. He did throw on ball in the dirt to an open wr. the int the wr pulled off is route, still should not have thrown it. He has tremendous arm strength and it just a matter of time when we start taking deep shots. You guys also have to remember his favorite target still on the sideline.

I have definitely noticed that as well, Boyd is still the deep threat though with his speed. You say he should not have thrown that ball, I thought if it was on target the WR had a chance to score, will have to go back and watch it again...

42 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

I for one am ready to see #2 take the field if he ready.  #2 and #21 can definitely spread a field 

Edited by TheCommissioner

52 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

I went back and watched it again, I see where you are coming from, the Safety over the top who got the pick was in a better position than I originally thought, he still could have possibly completed the pass but the WR would have taken a hard hit...

• Like 1

Hoping our kicking game continues to be a big factor for the Jackets. It’s been a big factor in our games thus far with kick-offs going to the end zone pretty consistently. Against Northeast and their athletes starting from the 20 yard line always helps the defense and our punting has been good flipping the field. I’m thinking this game will be closer than some think , I got the Jackets 24-13.

Jackets 28-14.... NE has athletes but the team as a whole lacks discipline and being coached on fundamentals. They could well be a dangerous team if they had a staff who would take a ground up approach. Someone made the comment that they look like they are playing street ball, and they do. Technique is poor and it looks like a "Lets just put our best players out there and let them do what they do " run team. I don't see the player development. 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Jackets 28-14.... NE has athletes but the team as a whole lacks discipline and being coached on fundamentals. They could well be a dangerous team if they had a staff who would take a ground up approach. Someone made the comment that they look like they are playing street ball, and they do. Technique is poor and it looks like a "Lets just put our best players out there and let them do what they do " run team. I don't see the player development. 

it’s sad to waste all that talent.  Some of us Jackets fans have commented that if Montgomery County would do like Greeneville and have open enrollment and the best athletes in the county went to one school, Montgomery County would be a DYNASTY.  No one in the state could touch them 

5 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

it’s sad to waste all that talent.  Some of us Jackets fans have commented that if Montgomery County would do like Greeneville and have open enrollment and the best athletes in the county went to one school, Montgomery County would be a DYNASTY.  No one in the state could touch them 

That could well be said of Rutherford County as well... However that would make every Friday night a waste of time until late October. I hate open enrollment as it does not do anything positive except allow Helicopter parents to reek havoc. My Johnny should be starting,,, since he is not I am moving. If little Johnny is that good... Take him to camps and get him out in front of Coaches. 

3 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

That could well be said of Rutherford County as well... However that would make every Friday night a waste of time until late October. I hate open enrollment as it does not do anything positive except allow Helicopter parents to reek havoc. My Johnny should be starting,,, since he is not I am moving. If little Johnny is that good... Take him to camps and get him out in front of Coaches. 

I didn’t mean I was in favor of open enrollment.  I am not.  And your point is validate about Rutherford and the same could be said for Sumner County.  We were just making an observation that there is a lot of talent there that doesn’t under utilized.  I realize that enrollment is fluid with the high military population as well