Rushing leaders for Tennessee

CHARGERFAN

Figure I should post Bishop's updated numbers:

• Rushed for 215 yards on 43 carries against LC (2 rushing TDs and 1 TD passing)
  • Through 7 games, he has 2,034 yards on 266 carries (7.6 yards per carry, 290 yards per game), 117 yards receiving, 18 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, and 1 passing TD
  • At least 4 games remaining (Halls, OR, Clinton, playoff opponent)

Tough road to hoe, but we'll see what happens over the next month. OR and Clinton both have pretty solid defenses. If Karns gets knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, he'd have to average 331 yards per game to break the single season record. He'd need 44 carries per game to break the season record for carries.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:43 PM, osunut2 said:

Figure I should post Bishop's updated numbers:

• Rushed for 215 yards on 43 carries against LC (2 rushing TDs and 1 TD passing)
  • Through 7 games, he has 2,034 yards on 266 carries (7.6 yards per carry, 290 yards per game), 117 yards receiving, 18 rushing TDs, 2 receiving TDs, and 1 passing TD
  • At least 4 games remaining (Halls, OR, Clinton, playoff opponent)

Tough road to hoe, but we'll see what happens over the next month. OR and Clinton both have pretty solid defenses. If Karns gets knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, he'd have to average 331 yards per game to break the single season record. He'd need 44 carries per game to break the season record for carries.

He is averaging 38 carries /game. There are entire teams that aren't averaging that. Greeneville is averaging 42 offensive plays per game...that's total offensive plays for the team. I would not doubt he will get the opportunity to break this record but at what cost. He is the sole breadwinner for Karns and as he goes, so goes the team. That is what happens when you put all of your eggs in 1 basket.  I hope he stays healthy enough to accomplish great things for his team.

10 hours ago, barb said:

He is averaging 38 carries /game. There are entire teams that aren't averaging that. Greeneville is averaging 42 offensive plays per game...that's total offensive plays for the team. I would not doubt he will get the opportunity to break this record but at what cost. He is the sole breadwinner for Karns and as he goes, so goes the team. That is what happens when you put all of your eggs in 1 basket.  I hope he stays healthy enough to accomplish great things for his team.

I know they are riding him like Seattle Slew, but they don't have much of a choice at Karns. You're talking about a team that has never had any major success, and he gives them a chance to change that narrative. I've always been fascinated by the Karns program. Their level of futility is strange, given the size of the school and their location. Since the school was opened in 1913:

• .316(!) winning percentage
  • Zero playoff wins
  • Four total playoff appearances
  • One winning season in the playoff era (6-5 in 2011)
  • 11 winning seasons in team history
  • The last time they won more than 6 games in a season was 1971 (8-3 in 1969 and 1971)
  • Their best season was way back in 1958 (10-1)

They are currently 5-2, which is the most wins they've had in a decade. They have a couple of winnable games left, which gives them a real chance to log their most wins since 1971. I couldn't be happier for the community. I just hope that Bishop can stay healthy.

5 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I know they are riding him like Seattle Slew, but they don't have much of a choice at Karns. You're talking about a team that has never had any major success, and he gives them a chance to change that narrative. I've always been fascinated by the Karns program. Their level of futility is strange, given the size of the school and their location. Since the school was opened in 1913:

• .316(!) winning percentage
  • Zero playoff wins
  • Four total playoff appearances
  • One winning season in the playoff era (6-5 in 2011)
  • 11 winning seasons in team history
  • The last time they won more than 6 games in a season was 1971 (8-3 in 1969 and 1971)
  • Their best season was way back in 1958 (10-1)

They are currently 5-2, which is the most wins they've had in a decade. They have a couple of winnable games left, which gives them a real chance to log their most wins since 1971. I couldn't be happier for the community. I just hope that Bishop can stay healthy.

Been following Bishop’s stats this year. The thing that is remarkable to me is that he has stats like this , and everyone they play knows it’s coming basically every snap and can’t contain him. Pretty amazing! Hope he gets to 3,000. 

• 2 weeks later...

Updated numbers on Bishop after last night's game against OR:

• 31 carries for 272 yards and 4 TDs (vs. OR)
  • 338 carries for 2,607 yards (26 rushing TDs)
  • 10 catches for 117 yards (2 receiving TDs)

Karns plays Clinton in the season finale, then they will likely play the Walker Valley/McMinn County loser to open the playoffs. He needs 393 more yards to hit 3,000. He also needs 750 more yards to break Jalen Hurd's single-season record. I think Karns will need to collect their first-ever playoff win to break that record.

Edited by osunut2

• 2 weeks later...