GreenEville vs Elizabethton

KEV-O

Should be a battle of the top two teams in 4a this season so far to see who gets home field advantage for the playoffs.  It’s a huge early season game with the loser more than likely having to travel to AC or SD in the 2nd round this year.  

I think Spradlen will come with a good game Plan like he did last year in the playoffs.  Questions for Betsy is can they contain Gudger ( 12 carries for 200 yards in the play offs) and the WR’s on the outside without Hughes roaming around at the Safety spot like last year.

Greeneville will need to contain Rollens and put pressure on him to not let Roberts hurt us like he did SH.  We will need to swarm to the ball like we did against Knox Central and play mistake free football.

To be the Champs you have to beat the Champs!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I’m at a loss. It’s so early in the season. Greeneville looks the part. And Elizabethton’s only played 1 game but proved why they are the Defending Champs. As always, the top Dawg is there for a reason. But the pack IS hungry. Betsy finds a way at home. 

I think the one extra game will be an advantage for the devil's. That's one more game they've had to work out any wrinkles. Let's also not forget this game will decide region champs and home field. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

I believe the Green team ran up the score last night on Granger just to try to scare Elizabethton  

I Guess you weren't at the game either.....Greeneville only ran 36 plays the entire game. Gudger carried the ball 3 times and the top receiver was not a starter with 1 catch for 43 yard TD.  Grainger had 3 TO's, 32 yards of total offense, and had the ball for 30 min compared to Greeneville's 18 min on O.  The 2nd and 3rd team did most of the scoring.

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, KEV-O said:

I think the one extra game will be an advantage for the devil's. That's one more game they've had to work out any wrinkles. Let's also not forget this game will decide region champs and home field. 

Agreed, it will make a difference as the GREENE avenges last year's loss.... er, uh, losses...      That GREENE D is stout, going to be hard to score on them.